Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I would think that many law enforcement officers would considering hanging off the bike in a turn or leaning too deeply to border on "wreckless driving." :-(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
" From 2016 through 2020, motorcycles made up just 3 percent of the registered vehicles on Washington’s roads, but accounted for 15 percent of all traffic fatalities (419 of 2,723). While about 2/3 of fatal motorcycle crashes involved another vehicle, illegal and dangerous actions by the rider including speeding, losing control in corners and curves, improper passing, and riding under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs were the main contributing factors cited in these crashes.
“Each summer in our state, we lose 35-40 people to motorcycle crashes, and that’s not acceptable,” Baldwin added. “Drivers can watch out for motorcyclists. Riders can improve their skills through training. All of us can respect speed limits and ride and drive sober.”
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that motorcycle fatalities across the country decreased .5 percent from 5,038 in 2018 to 5,014 in 2019. Per vehicle mile traveled in 2019, motorcyclists were about 29 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to die in a crash and 4 times more likely to be seriously injured."

Basically what we see here and I believe in many states and countries (I used to follow the VFR FB page till I saw their vids on how bad they broke the laws, like 100 plus in heavy traffic) is some certainly uneducated bad driving techiques for sure, but much drug use, agressive driving, driving while being poisoned by testosterone. Sure, there are many accidents where the car driver is at fault. All should be "talked" to by the enforcement agencies.

It is perhaps Ironic that those who choose to do things like agressive driving and loosing control in corners, in 100 mph wheelies, crashing by trying to do 1000 miles in a day, etc, usually just injure themselves.....and not hurt the little girl in the Toyota Matrix they just hit......cause they were exhausted.

Knowing our crew like I do, if someone is doing the speed limit and chooses to hang off the bike in a corner, or Leans too deeply doing the speed limit (I wanna see THAT one) its not gonna trigger a ticket. Weave back and forth across the center stripe at 20 over the limit and you will get to roll with the pig in the mud and find out the pig enjoys it. Especially if he has video of you.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
It is perhaps Ironic that those who choose to do things like agressive driving and loosing control in corners...
Those are the resistive to advice minority, spoiling it for all other, reasonable riders...
Add the loud pipes BS and you have it like in Europe where they'd generally banned motorcycles from selected roads, restricted to a max operating noise (i.e. 85dbA max), or placed ridiculous low speed limits for motorcycles only (raising even more dangerous situations)...
So I've an ST1100 or NT700 in OEM condition, experienced, maintaining a reasonable riding style, but as well have to suffer the restrictions caused by a few idiots... 😠

Bike
2010 NT700V
The lighter side:
Relax; the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

"Take your hands off the car, and I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

"If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

"Can you run faster than 1,200 feet per second? In case you didn't know, that is the average speed of a 9mm bullet fired from my gun."

"So you don't know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

"Yes, Sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh ... did I mention that I am the shift supervisor?"

"Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

"The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

"Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy, and step in monkey do-do."

"Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife will get a toaster oven."

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

"Just how big were those two beers?"

"No sir we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want.”

"I'm glad to hear the Chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours. At least you know someone who can post your bail."

"You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Coming through the Kentucky hills a few days ago, I was once again amazed to see a line of bikes parked outside a local brewery. This was on a super twisty road (Route 92 running east out of Monticello), a true gem of a road that required split second responses.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Those are the resistive to advice minority, spoiling it for all other, reasonable riders...
Add the loud pipes BS and you have it like in Europe where they'd generally banned motorcycles from selected roads, restricted to a max operating noise (i.e. 85dbA max), or placed ridiculous low speed limits for motorcycles only (raising even more dangerous situations)...
So I've an ST1100 or NT700 in OEM condition, experienced, maintaining a reasonable riding style, but as well have to suffer the restrictions caused by a few idiots... 😠

Wow....that is quite a story...I had no idea. ......here, the police would rather not even stop a biker (pirate) as there are maybe 10 equipment violations and they know the bikers are armed and vengful. I remember sitting in on Staff meetings at the state patrol office and the capt would say, (during the time the gangs would come through Spokane during Sturgis) "OK, you know the drill...just let them go by unless they are going something serious" Here, gangs have very expensive serious lawyers on retainer so stopping them is a loose loose. At Yellowstone NP during Sturgis, employees maning the toll booths have to go home early cause of the pipe noise......

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
... I think we have a real cultural problem, and at the root it's not motorcyclists. It's something else that's making driving/riding dangerous.
Ignorant egocentrics... lulled by advertised false safety of their vault like silenced A/C-ed peripheral living rooms, loaded with power steering, power brakes, ABS, ESP, airbags, seat-belt tensioners, collision warning, lane assist, etc... everything outside doesn't concern, is just "pulled by in UHD"...

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Ignorant egocentrics... lulled by advertised false safety of their vault like silenced peripheral A/C-ed living rooms, loaded with power steering, power brakes, ABS, ESP, airbags, seat-belt tensioners, collision warning, lane assist, etc... everything outside doesn't concern, is just "pulled by in UHD"...
Let it go ST!! Don't hold back.....

:rofl1:

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Besides the usual, stupid self-centered driving, it seems as though many people are driving much faster than need be - and I'm not talking about 5-10 mph over the posted speed limit. It seems that almost weekly there is a single vehicle car accident where the car goes on its side or even upsidedown!

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
High-Viz is a myth...
Look at my avatar photo, a yellow vest wouldn't show/stand out at all...
Plus, I also have this '94 ST1100 in the fleet, and folks still attempted to drive right through me:

IMG_20200606_160828.jpg IMG_20200530_131732.jpg IMG_20200606_160846.jpg

... go figure... :oops:
Blaring horns are a life-safer...

And I can't confirm that folks drive faster over here, in fact the opposite...
Slow, slower, slowest like to ensure the next traffic light turns red, so they can play with their phone, gonads, whatever again... (peripheral living-room...)
Only to then miss it turning green, going ballistic over getting honked at...
They don't realize that every second, every yard of forward movement being wasted only resulting in less vehicles getting through at green, whilst increasing the backlash behind... so far from environmental friendly...

Lock-down times where the worst, low traffic but roads where clogged by daytime leisure zombies toddling along in walking pace... literally...
driving you nuts when you've to run service calls... :mad:

Situational awareness or any sense of danger has vanished completely, Smart-cars and A-class Mercedes are the worst, pulling out like 3ft in front of my panel van, which weights 3 metric tons... as you can't beat the laws of physics, one day one of you morons definitely 'gonna feel me'... ignorance about kinetic energy is sooo bliss... :rolleyes:
Swombies everywhere, on foot, skateboards, pushbikes, or those new-age E-scooters...
Also "late abortion" has grown highly popular: push that baby-buggy suddenly out into the lane (between parked cars, preferable behind a van or truck), to check for traffic afterwards... love it... a pedestrian X-ing with proper view-field would be 50 feet away, too much effort using that... rather hide behind an innocent toddler, going hysterical over the shrieking tires and blaring horns of course...

No one giving an F about road traffic regulations or even common sense for that matter... "it's all about me, screw the rest"...

And I just found this, seriously?

Last edited:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I was on a long stretch of Rte 3 the other day where one could not pass. I had a car in front of me and I was not following closely. The distance between us was appropriate--about seven car lengths at 55 MPH. This car turned on his windshield washer and probably drained his tank just to spray me. I had washer fluid all over the front of my bike, my helmet, jacket. It was not "Funny"

Top Bottom