Interesting sights in Colorado....

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
My wife and I love Southwestern Colorado. We visit Ouray just about every fall, and found ourselves in Telluride for a side trip last week. Saw a couple of interesting bikes parked on the streets there, and I had to take some pic's. I hadn't seen a TransAlp in person before, it looked quite interesting. The Vespa on the other hand, was just about weird enough for the Telluride hippies, moviestars, and miners. Not my style, but interesting.

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Back in my early days with my Concours, a member of COG who lived in Denver had a TransAlp. He rode it to our National Concours Owners Group Rally in Montrose in 2002. I've only seen him once since then and he was riding his Connie that time. I never knew to talk to him about the TransAlp. It was a good-looking bike.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Good looking Trans-Alp. I've never seen one in real life. BTW, I think the engine is the same as ours. I know the clutch cables are the samce except the Trans-Alp cable is 2" longer. It works great when you install bar risers.

As for the Vespa, that is a neat set up. I recall seeing one like it (cream clolored I recall) at Fort Jackson SC in the late seventies. It was usually at the golf course witha set of clubs inthe sidecar.

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
I have a friend here in SE Illinois who found a really nice Transalp in this color a couple of years ago and purchased it. He found another one just like it, for his wife, last Winter. I wanted one of them back when they were new.....I don't know why they didn't sell well. Really nice bike!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Phil and I saw a TransAlp in Canada that was loaded wide and high. At first I couldn't see the passenger because she was sandwiched between the luggage and the driver. A couple were traveling from South America on it and doing fine.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil and I saw a TransAlp in Canada that was loaded wide and high. At first I couldn't see the passenger because she was sandwiched between the luggage and the driver. A couple were traveling from South America on it and doing fine.
I had forgotten that they were on a TranAlp. She was a tiny little thing and that was good. She couldn't have fit if she'd weighed more than 80 or 90 pounds.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Beautiful TransAlp. I bought one identical to this in 1989 and kept it until I bought the NT in 2012. My son-in-law now owns it and happily rides it as his second bike. One afternoon many years ago I was in my building and happened to notice something strange on the TA. A small snake (pencil thin, 10 inches long) was making his way up the frame. Eek.....can't have this! I turned to get something to knock him off with and when I looked back.......he was GONE. Careful inspection and removal of seat and side covers revealed nothing. Opened the air filter housing and found Mr. Snake and several baby mice. Wow. Sure glad I got him before he decided to re-appear at 60 mph and take shelter up my pant leg.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Sure glad I got him before he decided to re-appear at 60 mph and take shelter up my pant leg.
LOL! One day I had left the house on my Concours and turned at the end of the block as I was heading out on a ride when a mouse came up from in front of the tank and ran onto my leg. Scared the bejabbers out of me. I nearly crashed knocking him away from me. If I had, I was in convenient location next to the cemetary. I went home and pulled the tank and the air filter to make sure I didn't have any baby mice anywhere.

Top Bottom