Interesting trip to the dealer

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I have been using the same Honda/Kawasaki/BMW dealer to change my tires for 30 years, IIRC. So I was shuttling wheels (Which were mercifully easy to get on and off) from my Suzuki XT Weestrom to the powersports dealer after 11.5 k OEM miles to have them put on the same tires since I like the Battlax Adventures's so much. I was lucky to find them on the web as everyone said they had limited stock. They usually have a 24 hour turn around time at the dealer and often much less. For the last tire, they took 48 hours and had to rush at that point. I went in and picked up the wheel (tire changes are now $50 instead of $35) and I asked them if they were running short of people in these odd times. They said they normally run 11 people (dont know if this is everyone in the place or ?) and they are six people down. They are turning away people that want their water sports machines winterized so they can keep up with snow machine maintenance. (Its snowing now). I am glad I got new tires on the XT now and didnt wait.....
a battlax.jpg
a battlax 2.jpg

Learn to change your own and find a used No Mar or Cycle Hill changer as I have. After a couple of tire changes you will get the hang of it and the changer will pay for itself in three or four tire changes. Maybe you could go in with a friend and buy one.

Attachments

• SAM_0786.JPG
    SAM_0786.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 34
  • SAM_0789.JPG
    SAM_0789.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 32
  • SAM_0792.JPG
    SAM_0792.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 32
  • SAM_0797.JPG
    SAM_0797.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 32
Chuck - how do you like that chain alignment tool? And the brand?

I know of several club pals who've gone in together (2s and 3s) to buy No-Mar tire changers. It works out great for them plus its mostly available whenever they need to change tires.

ps. you need more crap in your garage. Can I ship some of my ancient cardboard boxes filled with who-knows-what to your place for safe keeping? :rofl1:

The picture of the chain alinement tool is Chris's picture, but I also have one made by motion pro. I is easy to use and does help align the wheel and chain. Mine is made by Motion Pro. No more room in the inn. Don't need your boxes, thanks anyway.:biggrin:SAM_5944.JPG

I have a no mar as well. I lost count on how many tires I've done for members after 250... of course the last few years things have dropped off a lot. It's a very durable machine and will eventually pay for itself.

I have a no mar as well. I lost count on how many tires I've done for members after 250... of course the last few years things have dropped off a lot. It's a very durable machine and will eventually pay for itself.
Looking at the youtubes of how to use these changers, I probably should have bought one of these CH200s 15 years ago and stored it in one of my sheds. That and a tire balancer. At my current age, many of my riding friends have died, had accidents and not gotton back into riding, or just dont ride much. Looking at my own future (hopefully I/we HAVE a future) I am probably looking at 8 /10 more wheels that need new tires....max. And when I am over 75, I think I will just take the bikes to a dealer and have them do everything tires.

Looking at the youtubes of how to use these changers, I probably should have bought one of these CH200s 15 years ago and stored it in one of my sheds. That and a tire balancer. At my current age, many of my riding friends have died, had accidents and not gotton back into riding, or just dont ride much. Looking at my own future (hopefully I/we HAVE a future) I am probably looking at 8 /10 more wheels that need new tires....max. And when I am over 75, I think I will just take the bikes to a dealer and have them do everything tires.
Yet.... you'll still be trying to cut down trees which is .. 1,000% tougher and more risky than using a no mar.. :rofl1:

Looking at my own future (hopefully I/we HAVE a future) I am probably looking at 8 /10 more wheels that need new tires....max. And when I am over 75, I think I will just take the bikes to a dealer and have them do everything tires.

At 78 (going on 79), I'm not doing any more maintenance on Horse. I'm not as adept with my hands as I used to be, and I'm willing to pay for anything that needs done. I'm just hoping I get to ride enough to remember how. Joanne's memory loss seems to be getting worse.

Birthday is tomorrow. 78. YIPPIE!!
Everyday, I wonder "How the hell did I get here." Then, I remember friends, relatives and people I have loved who are not here.
Want to have some real fun? Do an Ancestry DNA sample and find out that you are not who you always thought you were. More things to ponder. Takes my mind of from a lot of other "problems".
Sorry to hear about your wife, Phil. Just look in the rear view mirror of your life, where the good times are.

Yet.... you'll still be trying to cut down trees which is .. 1,000% tougher and more risky than using a no mar.. :rofl1:

Right - we all stew our own soup and then wind up complaining about it. "Seemed like a good idea at the time"

Sorry to hear about your wife, Phil. Just look in the rear view mirror of your life, where the good times are.

I was married 35 yrs to my first wife and that was good for about 28 years. I'm still friends with her, but meeting Joanne and falling in love with her has been the greatest blessing of my life. Neither one of us are excited about where we are or where we are heading, but we will face it with faith and love. I am determined to be a blessing to her through the changes. Thanks to all for you concern and prayers.

Phil, so sorry to hear of Joannes condition. I have no words. May you find both peace and strength to get through whatever lies ahead.

Actually, dropping the 15 trees is much easier than cleaning up the mess left behind. And more lucrative than having someone else do the work. Ask an arborist what he/she would charge to drop 15 trees and clean up the mess. A chain saw is a much better investment than a tire changer. I've dropped over a 100 trees.
But your point is well taken. 15 years ago if I knew what I know now, I would have bought one. Now if I could only just open that jar of pickles without a wrench.
Not a good day to ride today.
ice fog.jpg
And to think I used to have fun in the snow.....
ess 2 a.jpg

Six years ago today. 71 mph winds. No power for six days. Lost two , 50 ft blue spruces. I had just purchased a Husquavarna Farm Boss chain saw for my collection. You couldnt find a chain saw anywhere. Honda generators are the best!
windstorm  15 71mph 40 ft.jpg

Interestingly enough that yesterday the weather balloon released 2 miles from my house took 100 minutes to climb 108,000 ft and was carried by near 100 mph winds at times...
noaa balloon.jpg

Last edited:
I guess they had to turn the windmills off because of too strong of wind. Is that why your power was out? :biggrin:

In '14, I was riding to Rocky Ford from Ft Morgan and there had been a line squall the day before. There were six or seven wind turbines that had broken blades and two that had blown down.

Back
Top Bottom