Intresting find: adjustable rise handelbar risers

Have you installed the risers? 'Curious what height you found comfortable.( I'm 5'11" and the forward position on the stock seat really messes with my neck/shoulders/wrists.
Also, was installation difficult? Did it necessitate installing longer cables? Thanks for any feedback!
SF

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
1-1/8" bar O.D. is for the large diameter bars fitted to some ADV bikes. The standard bar on an NT is 7/8."

OP
OP
Sunny

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Have you installed the risers? 'Curious what height you found comfortable.( I'm 5'11" and the forward position on the stock seat really messes with my neck/shoulders/wrists.
Also, was installation difficult? Did it necessitate installing longer cables? Thanks for any feedback!
SF
I have the 1 inch risers on my NT and I still get pressure on my wrists. I have been toying with a pivot riser to bring the bar lil higher and little back , but the stock cables (clutch and brake) don't have enough give for that.

I am planning to get this to extend the clutch cable:

And this to extend the brake hose:

Clutch, I will extend my self. Break hose, I will take to dealer to add the hose extensions and do a brake flush.

Winter project for now ...

PS: Same page on Amazon has the riser for 7/8" bars also.

I have the 1 inch risers on my NT and I still get pressure on my wrists. I have been toying with a pivot riser to bring the bar lil higher and little back , but the stock cables (clutch and brake) don't have enough give for that.

Clutch, I will extend my self. Break hose, I will take to dealer to add the hose extensions and do a brake flush.

Thanks for the quick reply, Sunny. Much appreciated.
I'm thinking the 1" risers might be enough for me. In eye-balling the bars, it APPEARS to me that installing the risers would be fairly simple. Was that your experience? S.

I'm thinking the 1" risers might be enough for me. In eye-balling the bars, it APPEARS to me that installing the risers would be fairly simple. Was that your experience? S.

OP
OP
Sunny

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
I got the bike with the risers installed.

When I was trying to fit the pivot risers, it was easy to take the riser on and off. 1" non-rotating risers should not be a problem.

Just google the way on tightening the risers bolts and use the method you feel is right.

1) The front of the riser should not have any gap (between the two riser surface)

OR

2) Tighten the bolts equally, so that there almost equal gap between the surfaces in the front and back.

You can use a torque wrentch to tighten as per recommended numbers, OR just tighten it based on gut feel (i.e. I did not have a torque wrench when I tried my swap, but now that I have, next time I will torque it as per spec..)

Ref yellow arrow in the image to the gap / surfaces I am mentioning

1632852896066.png

Top Bottom