Is this the shape of things to come?NC700touring

tawilke46

Had the same experience at a local burger joint on bike night years ago.
I was riding my '97 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. Numerous people came up to me and asked "Is that a Harley?".:rofl1:
Kawasaki plainly visible all over the bike. They must not be into motorcycles too deep or they would know the difference.
Some folks just think all motorcycles must be a Harley.:doh1:

And yeah, it also had a radiator.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
With my red and white HMW roundel on my NT, lots of people think it's a Beemer. Or that Hondas are made by Beemer, or that BMW makes Hondas and the companies have merged.

Yesterday a kid a a gas station came running over and took a picture of the roundel to send to a friend of his who rides a Beemer. The kid taking the picture told me, "I hate BMWs! This is great!"

tawilke46

I was riding my '98 Pacific Coast one day, getting off I-10 on my way home. A kid in the back of an open top Jeep was looking back at me at the traffic light.
After a few moments with a puzzled look on his face, he asked "Is that a scooter?":confused:
After which I replied "No this is a real motorcycle, not a scooter"
I was thinking, Damn, another person that thinks the PC is a scooter.
Then the kid asked "How fast does it go?". To which I responded "Fast enough to kill you":rolleyes1:
The kid had nothing else to say to me after that.:rofl1:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I'll tolerate a chain in something that would be used for short distances. My 56 NSU had an enclosed chain you could lube to death without making a mess. You could also remove the rear wheel without disturbing the chain. I rode that bike from 1958 to 1984--always liked it as a second bike. After a while 6V batteries and bulbs got hard to find.

I decided to build a Cafe Racer out of a CB550. It has the perfect lines for one. I always wanted one after a few years with a Norton. The NT is far more sophisticated than the CB550 or my old Norton Atlas--it's a nostalgia thing. Guess I'm a latent Rocker.

elizilla

If you're only getting 45 miles per UK gallon, either you have an extremely heavy right hand, or there's something wrong with your bike.

Top Bottom