It Happened Again

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I got pulled over by a State Police Officer who just wanted to know about the bike. He rides an ST 1100.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
It happens a lot to me also. After I first got the NT, people out here had never seen many Sport Touring bikes here in cruiser country, and the fact most of us are wearing gear and full faced helmets I makes us more approachable in the minds of those who don't ride because we must be sane, normal (yeah right) people because we don't look like a member of an outlaw gang.

In the year I have had the Spyder, I've had even more people approach me or the wife because they are still a little rare to see.

I love the social and approachable aspect of others wanting to pass on their compliments and ask questions. I have even signed an autograph for a little 8 yr old boy who was fascinated at a rest stop.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Daler, I'm guessing that they did change the KLR to HMW.

I emailed Brad Esler, the guy who made my roundels and got a reply from him, but no answer about whether he'd make more HMW roundels. I'll try him again.

elizilla

Try riding a sidecar outfit. The new yellow Super10 outfit doesn't get as many visitors as the Ural, but they both get more than the two-wheeled machines I have owned.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Charlie, I emailed Callie Graphics about the HMW roundels. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
On the Connie, I always got the older gentlemen who would tell me about the only time they had ever ridden their uncle's motorcycle and "that thing nearly killed me."[/QUOTE]

To which I most likely would have replied, "That's too bad."

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Daler, I'm guessing that they did change the KLR to HMW.

I emailed Brad Esler, the guy who made my roundels and got a reply from him, but no answer about whether he'd make more HMW roundels. I'll try him again.
Found a local (friend of a friend) who made some up for me. Thanks for all the input.

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to posting it, but Callie of Callie-Graphics said she'd be glad to make them. Charlie B recommended her.

Callie-Graphics.com

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I added to my partially torn ACL and cartilage tears in my right knee, a partially torn posterior tibial tendon in my right ankle.
Are you healing? Sounds like a lot of pain!

elizilla

I never get compliments when I'm driving my Subaru or walking along the road, so I know it is the NT. Makes you feel really good to walk out to ride something special that others feel is worth complimenting.
It's nice when compliments from strangers are the real deal, and you can smile and nod and not have to worry that someone's going to follow you home. (Compliments while walking down the road. Shudder. Please no.)

Bike
2011 Black NT700
An added note. I ordered two HMW from Callie Graphics yesterday. The cost was $10 for both. Great service from her also.

Terry
If you're cheap like I am and want to save a buck. You can also order them from realtimeindustries.com for $8.82 shipping included.
Ride safe and arrive alive.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Chris,

The problem is yours, like mine, is black and she just draws the attention...

Phil, Proof positive! :rofl1:

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT RED
Was sitting at a red light and a man in a pickup in the next lane was telling me how much he admired my NT and the highviz gear. He was still talking when the light turned green.

Top Bottom