It's a beginning..

Added on a bit more today. One of my motorcycle friends is a guy I met through the LD Riders List. He lives in Colorado Springs and we connected when he rode up to meet me a month or so before my first knee replacement 13 years ago. While I lived in Fort Morgan, we'd meet once a month at the Wendy's in Limon (86 miles for me and 92 miles for him). Since I moved, he's moved into the Springs and there's no where in the middle but the south side of Denver and it's not that much fun for either one of us to ride to the south side of Denver. Plus, he's had health issues this year (he's an old geezer at 76) and I realized that I'd better work a bit to keep the connection.

So today I rode down and back. 286 miles and on the way down I was bucking a stout headwind. Naturally, before I headed back, the tailwind wasn't as stout as the headwind had been. But it was good seeing him and we're going to work on keeping the connection.

Got in my first commute of the year. The scenic way is about 14 miles and I managed to burn almost a half a tank of fuel there and back. Life is better on the bike.

Yes it is! Have you decided on your dream trip yet?

The first step was buying this bike. Decision was made long ago, executing that decision, well things have been taking longer than I thought. Do I ride tonight? 35 % chance of rain on the way in the afternoon. 80-90 % at midnight on the way home. Not made of sugar, one day at a time...

I understand the desire not to ride in the rain. I don't really mind it too much if I'm on a trip and it starts to rain but I have a really hard time leaving when it's raining.

I rode, shared the pad with a bunch of four wheelers... day three for the year...

A different kind of beginning. I finally got on my bicycle today. Not for very far, but it was easier than it was the first time I rode after I got the bike in the fall of '14 and maybe even easier than it was when I finally got back onto it last year. Sounds like next Saturday or Sunday will be the first chance for the 2nd self-powered two-wheel ride of '16.

For me, Wisconsin riding season for 2016 started March 7. I've been out 4 times testing new farkles. At this early season point, it's all about the road sand! Especially for a noobie meathead like me.
I rode a wonderfully twisty county road to Cashton, WI, only 100 miles RT. Lotsa farms, bluffs and hills along the way. Smells of the newly manured fields, lack of bugs on my visor, great temps (jacket liner, but vents partially open) and the sun peeking through the remaining winter clouds!
The road sand not withstanding, I remained upright for the first week...Heres to SPRING!

Spring is full of things to watch for, sand is one, drivers not used to bikes being out is another. That applies to powered and non-powered 2 wheelers.
Stay alert.

Brad

Back
Top Bottom