J&M JMCB-2003 antenna mount

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Has anyone out there mounted this unit's antenna using the license plate mount on an NT700V? Or has anyone mounted the antenna to the rear of the bike without a trunk?

I have the bracket in hand and it is far to long so before I shorten it and drill new holes for the license plate I was interested in what others may have come up with. We don't have (nor ever plan on getting) a top trunk so mounting the antenna in that area is not something I'm interested in at this point.

TIA
--Rob

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I have top boxes on my bikes so these won't do you any good. I made my own antenna mounting bar out of a peice of 1/4 x 1 in, flat steel stock and mounted it to the rack mounts. I am still deciding if I want to put a J&M set up on my NT. If you all do buy a J&M set up go to Sierra Electronics. About 10 to 15% less then J&M directly.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Thanks for the info. Already purchased the unit from Sierra Electronics. I love those guys. Had them do the clampless headsets in both our helmets. Quick turn around and quality install.

I also want to include the Hyperlight mounting bracket on the rear also. I'm hoping with minimal modifications I can get both to work together. If not, I'll look to fabricate/modify what I have. I have contacts with welding rigs..... :cool:
I have top boxes on my bikes so these won't do you any good. I made my own antenna mounting bar out of a peice of 1/4 x 1 in, flat steel stock and mounted it to the rack mounts. I am still deciding if I want to put a J&M set up on my NT. If you all do buy a J&M set up go to Sierra Electronics. About 10 to 15% less then J&M directly.

Top Bottom