Just Another Wee Ride

tawilke46

Rode the Wee last Sunday and this Tuesday. The Tuesday ride was up to Natchez, Mississippi via Hwy 61 and across on Hwy 84 and 98 to McComb for a good lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. A total of about 300 miles in temperatures ranging from the lower 50's to the lower 60's. Wind chills in the low 30's, which is cold for us southerners. Averaged 52.2 mpg on the Wee Sunday. Not bad considering I was bucking a head wind going north to Natchez.

Natchez Trace…..

Ruby Tuesday's….home of the Petite Sirloin and White Chocolate Cherry Cheese Cake!

The Sunday ride was mostly local roads up to the Amite area and around Montpelier and Greensburg. Total for the ride was in the 125 mile range. Beautiful weather both days!

Last edited:
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Are you trying to get me jealous.:well1: It is working.:wink: It is colder than a witches boob here and for the next week or so, and I can't get out and ride.:mad: My bikes sit in the garage and asleep.

Great pictures. Wish I could get down there and ride along with you. Keep them coming.

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Nice pix Tim. I was down in your neck of the woods last May and rode the parkway from Natchez to Nashville. A great ride! I took US 61 down to Baton Rouge from StL. A lot more time consuming than the super slab but worth it. You get to see how the "real world" lives when you travel the US highways.

Mike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Excellent, excellent!! I rode the Natchez Trace from Tupelo to Natchez last week towards the end of a two week ride. Gorgeous way to ride! It is strange - but very nice - to be on a limited access two-lane road with no billboards, fast food joints are other eye sores.

Pretty part of the country! Thanks for the report.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Bob may no longer own an NT, I haven't spoken with him in 4 years
Bob, I can't think of the guy I met at the IBA meeting this summer who had bought Bob's first NT, but he told me that Bob was still riding his 2nd NT. He had bought a Super Tenere and rode it for about a year before selling it. I haven't talked to Bob in 2 1/2 years now, so don't know if he's still on it or not.

OP
OP
tawilke46

tawilke46

Excellent, excellent!! I rode the Natchez Trace from Tupelo to Natchez last week towards the end of a two week ride. Gorgeous way to ride! It is strange - but very nice - to be on a limited access two-lane road with no billboards, fast food joints are other eye sores.

Pretty part of the country! Thanks for the report.
And no commercial truck traffic! You do still get the occasional motor home. I find the Trace a more relaxed road to ride, which makes it more enjoyable, for me anyway.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
And no commercial truck traffic! You do still get the occasional motor home. I find the Trace a more relaxed road to ride, which makes it more enjoyable, for me anyway.
And the 50 mph speed limit is actually nice. I failed to plan for that slower speed, and spent the last 1 1/2 hours of the ride after dark. Saw way too many deer - that was a bit spooky. Need some lights on my NT.

I really wouldn't mind riding the Trace again, but at a time of year when it is greener.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
We run through that part of the country when going to visit the daughter in SC. Nice roads down there. Would be nicer if more gas stations sold diesel :)

We like traveling the US highways when pulling the RV. Much more relaxing than fighting the semis on the interstate. Interesting too as we rarely encounter any 'chain gangs' of HD's on those roads. And we don't drive more than 65mph with the rig anyway so interstate running is not that much faster.

And, yes, I do make sure that the roads are OK for the trailer. Many US highways are not. The Dragon and lower part of US191 are both good examples of that. Good for bikes though :D

Top Bottom