Just bought a NT700

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Hondafan, You're right about the CB screen. I think that same stress is what made the two Cee Bailey screens I had crack from the mounting holes. Cee Bailey replaced one, but by the time the 2nd one broke, I was through with them -- at about the same time they decided that they were through with motorcycle screens.

I did extend the life of the second screen by stop-drilling the crack(s). The first one started cracking when I was on a long road trip from Colorado to east Texas for a funeral. I bought some imitation duct tape and that didn't last long at all. About 50 miles down the road, I found some "100mph tape" that an OK Highway Patrolman helped me use to stabilize the screen and it held the rest of the way to Texas and then all the way back to Colorado.

I've been much happier with the V-Stream.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
My NT came with a 4+ Cee Bailey tinted screen. Nice product, but even in the lowest setting it was a bit too high. I will use it in the fall. So I bought a stock windshield, and noticed it was much smoother to operate. The CB shield seems to put stress on the brackets and make them bind.
That due to the aftermarket windshields mounting holes are not in the proper place. I had to slot the holes on all the aftermarket windshields I have.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Bruce, the V-Stream fit with no issues and slides fine.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Bruce, the V-Stream fit with no issues and slides fine.
I bought one nearly new for another member from this site. I had to slot the mounting holes on this one to to get it slide up and down smoothly with minimal effort. Swap it out during the Spring and Summer with a shorter and narrower unit. It’s the same one I did a review on. It currently has a lot of visible internal stress cracks showing up In the past couple of years. This is because it’s a vacuum formed flat sheet of acrylic. This process unevenly distributes the stresses within the material.

Top Bottom