Kawasaki ZX-10R Conquers Pikes Peak Video

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Terrifying speeds. Makes me pucker up just watching the video. Having driven Pikes Peak a few times, I cannot comprehend the skill and courage these riders muster. Truly awe inspiring.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Did you guys notice how he leaned about 85 degrees to the right, but only about 45 to the left. I decided his camera must not have been level.

I've ridden up Pikes Peak (back in the "olden" times when a lot of the road up above the tree line was still unpaved. I need to go back and to it again now that it's paved all the way.

BTW, I didn't ride quite that fast.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Great video for a snowy day in December.

I'm way too old for that now. I Last rode Pikes Peak in my '68 Mustang and a lot of it was gravel. I was stationed at Fort Carson at the time.

All I can say on a ride like that is PAY ATTENTION!!!! (and let someone else do it)

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I noticed that he leaned over a lot more when there wasn't a dropoff on the outside of the corner.

I haven't cared much for the Pikes Peak runs since they paved it. Not much different than other road courses. Heck, I think the Isle of Mann is a lot more dangerous at racing speeds.

Top Bottom