Key West Here I Come

I did it!!! It was like the 7 years of not riding melted away and I became one with my machine again - what a great feeling. My fiddling with the issues of wind turbulence and uncomfortable seat paid off and the CB500X fits me perfectly and is one sweet machine. I’m having fun with my new Zumo XT and starting to dream………….
Wendell

Attachments

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Hooray!! The Phoenix arises from the ashes to ride once again!! Excellent news! Good on you!

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
So happy for you! Its a great bike.....lots of nice places to ride to in Florida....

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Wendell - on your way to Key West, beware of the steep hills and tight curves. :rofl1:

All kidding aside, I too have wondered about a CB500F being my 2nd bike after I rode one a few years ago at a Honda demo and was impressed. The sticking point is that my current 2nd bike has DCT and I truly love that feature but as we get older, a lighter bike - such as a CB500F - holds an obvious lure.

Last edited:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Wendell - on your way to Key West, beware of the steep hills and tight curves. :rofl1:

All kidding aside, I too have wondered about a CB500F being my 2nd bike after I rode one a few years ago at a Honda demo and was impressed. The sticking point is that my current 2nd bike has DCT and I truly love that feature but as we get older, a lighter bike - such as a CB500F - holds an obvious lure.
I think you meant the CB500X Tosh. The F is more like a crotch rocket style. 😉 That's a good looking setup Wendell.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The CB500X is the pseudo ADV bike, the CBR500R has full road racer plastic and low bars, and the CB500F is the "normal bike" and is categorized as a standard bike by American Honda.

Yes, in the olden days, the "F-model" was the racer bike but things change.

Last edited:

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Terrific Wendel! I'm glad to hear that you are riding again!

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
The CB500X is the pseudo ADV bike, the CBR500R has full road racer plastic and low bars, and the CB500F is the "normal bike" and is categorized as a standard bike by American Honda.

Yes, in the olden days, the "F-model" was the racer bike but things change.
Sorry, I thought you had meant you rode one like Wendell's. But made me look. Yep, 500R is full plastic and 500F without plastic and some minor differences. They do show it in the Sport and Standard sections hmmm. I really like the 500X like Wendell's. That setup looks awesome ! Very nice Wendell :thumb:

OP
OP
wphillips007
Thanks all for your encouraging words and I certainly had a great time - and this is hopefully the start of many more adventures. After the hassles with the NT panniers I'm really loving the top loading panniers - easy to load and no worries about them accidentally opening - and I can carry all my “kit” (British term) in them. Here is a picture of me camping in Key West.

Attachments

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Thanks all for your encouraging words and I certainly had a great time - and this is hopefully the start of many more adventures. After the hassles with the NT panniers I'm really loving the top loading panniers - easy to load and no worries about them accidentally opening - and I can carry all my “kit” (British term) in them. Here is a picture of me camping in Key West.
Awesome looking setup and absolutely love the bike Wendell. Maybe we can get you to make it to our WV Gathering next year. Because of the COVID thing we've been doing low key ones since last year with just those who had attended before, however if things keep looking better I'll plan on posting it on here for next year.

ps: Never know, we may have another one in the fall like we did last year.

Top Bottom