Kudos to Sprocket Center

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Mindful that is a forum centered on a shaft drive bike, I'm posting this anyway because it is about a positive experience. I recently ordered a new chain and sprockets from Sprocket Center https://sprocketcenter.com. I was very happy with everything.

They had a good selection of everything which is good in recent times. They knew exactly what I needed and were helpful with advice too. The parts were shipped and arrived here from CA in the same week. Most of the parts were made in Japan and looked like it too. A couple were made in China under a UK label. I increased my drive ratio from 3.12:1 to 2.94:1 (6%). I also bought a DID chain tool which I'm happy with too. I've repaired enough chains to know that I wanted a good one.

When I get service this good I believe it deserves mention. I got 30K miles on my original chain and sprockets and I might have gotten another few K miles, but didn't want to risk a break down away from my garage with no parts on hand.

Battery replacement is next. The OEM battery is 6-years old so I no longer trust it. Besides I like to keep a 12v battery around for checking electrical circuits when isolated from the vehicle.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Out of curiosity, what brand is OE on Triumphs?

Mike

OP
OP
junglejim

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Out of curiosity, what brand is OE on Triumphs?

Mike
The chain was DID, rear sprocket was SunStar, and front was not marked but looked just like the JT replacement sprocket that I bought.

The Yuasa battery that I ordered didn't come in. Thankfully my 6-year old one still works. But I'm glad to have one on the way (I hope).

Now that my spring maintenance is done the weather is snowy and cold for the next two weeks. Bummer :confused:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I should have been more clear. What brand of batt was OE?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
We're still suffering weird and inconsistent shipping times because of the pandemic that caused so many to retire or seek other employment. Many times, I was OK with a predicted 2-week wait for an item, then it suddenly it shows after only a few days wait.

Funny that a "British motorcycle" uses so many Japanese-name OE parts. I'm fairly certain the forks are 41 mm Showa and it probably has a Japanese ignition and switches. Most likely those items are built in local factories, not imported from Japan. Joseph Lucas is probably rolling over in his grave!

On this side of the pond, Yuasa long ago bought an Exide battery plant in PA, there is a Showa factory in OH, and Keihin Fi & ignition components are made in Greenfield IN. The list is much longer than that but my aged brain can no longer remember trivia. ;)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I thought it odd that a Brit bike would have a Japanese battery as well, but I seem to recall hearing somewhere that most Triumphs are now made in their mega factory in Thailand, if so, the Yuasa battery makes sense. I have been trying to remember what brand of batteries were in my two Brit bikes, a 66 and 67.

Mike

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Harly buys most of the suspension from Japan.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Showa has a factory in Wawatosa, WI which is a 'burb of Milwaukee and I'm sure they're there to primarily support H-D.

Top Bottom