Labor Day Ride

• Thread starter Deleted member 540
  • Start date

Deleted member 540

I decided to take a short half day ride today. Left Colorado Springs at 1130 am and headed up Ute Pass Hyway 24. Lots of traffic coming down the pass, RV's and campers but not too much going my direction. Rode 24 up to Wilkerson Pass where the VFW had coffee and cookies for travelers. Home made cookies were great! After that I shot down to Hartsel through South Park, a good road to open it up. Turned south on CO 9 to Guffy, really nice road with lots of curves and hills. Then on up to Cripple Creek on CR102 and Teller County 1, with steeper hills and tighter curves. After a brief stop in Cripple Creek I got on Hwy 67 and headed back to 24 and then down the pass to home. The weather was great, 60's-70's with very little wind and no rain. A good ride for anyone in the area, 170 miles round trip, plus you can stop in Cripple Creek and try your hand on the slots.

Attachments

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Great pictures. Thanks for posting. Every time I see pictures of that part of the country, I want to saddle up and ride the NT out there.

Top Bottom