[Review] Life Gear Auto Glow CL Flashlight

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I freely admit I like gadgets so when I saw this one in Target I couldn't resist. The Life Gear Auto Glow CL is a rechargeable LED flashlight. Just pop off the bottom and plug in it in to a standard cigarette lighter and you can charge 'er up. But beyond being a 3 Lumen LED flashlight it has three other modes, Flashlight and Red Glow Stick, Red Glow Stick only and Red Emergency flasher. The nifty twist off base also has a magnet to "stick" it if you want...

Since the stock NT doesn't have Emergency Flashers here in the USA, nor does my Wee, this is a handy little position marker. While I'm not going to give up my MagLite flashlights anytime soon this little jewel is a nice "second" light that has some really good functionality. The best part? $4.99 + Tax.... :D

Attachments

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
The U.S. Tenere also doesn't have an emergency flasher.. what's up with that? Oh well, I still would have bought it had I known.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I am really at a loss as to why we don't have four way flashers. My friend who rides his Honda as a sweep at our bicycle races retrofitted his Honda. He had an independent motorcycle shop do the work.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
It wouldn't take too much to add some leds and a relay and flasher module but yeah, we shouldn't have to go though that.

elizilla

There is a thread on the Super10 forum where people are ordering a European left switchgear to get that stuff. I don't know if the NT can be modded this way, though.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
There is a thread on the Super10 forum where people are ordering a European left switchgear to get that stuff. I don't know if the NT can be modded this way, though.
Yeah but.. that thing is expensive...

I wonder how it's wired on other bikes. If it uses the existing blinker relays/flasher timer and just adds something in between since all the functions are already there or if it is wired separately. I may have to jump into the ST1300 wiring diagram when I get a chance.

Top Bottom