lifting bike for maintenance

Has anyone used a floor jack type motorcycle lift to raise the bike. I looked under there and between the exhaust and hoses, not sure how. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
You'd have to make a special fixture to be able to use one of the floor-jack type lifts, otherwise you could do a lot of damage to the underside components.

OP
OP
Ya kinda what I thought. I'll have to crawl under the bike and take some measurements. Maybe on the center stand mount and engine with wood blocks. Was just hoping someone had already done this. Don't have room for HF lift in my garage unless I sell one of my bikes, which ain't gonna happen. Thanks for the response.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I have two bikes and a HF lift. One of the bikes is always parked on the lift and the other is parked behind it.

Whatever you do be careful with lifting the bike because you don't need a 600-pound accident on your garage floor, or even worse if the falling bike traps you!

OP
OP
I have a roll a round lift was why I was asking. Was able to lift my GL1800 no problem, though at first kinda scary. Thanks for you help. Curt

Bike
2010 silver NT700
Has anyone used a floor jack type motorcycle lift to raise the bike. I looked under there and between the exhaust and hoses, not sure how. Please enlighten me. Thanks.
I put it on the centerstand then use the scissor jack out of my car. I use a 3" length of 2x4 on top ot the jack, and put that under the square boss on the crankcase. It is just in from the drain plug. Put the jack in from the side. I have been jacking bikes like this for 100 years and never damaged anything or had one fall over. If I am romoving the front wheel/forks....I loosen all the bolts before I jack it.

Top Bottom