Light and strong

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I may be wrong but I believe MotoGP riders wear DOT helmets
MotoGP, and most other competition events, require being certified to the ECE 22.05 standard. See Here for a good article on the ECE Standard...

One of the easiest ways to save money when buying a helmet is to skip the pretty graphics. My RF-1100 is "plain old" White and is $440.99 MSRP, other solid colors run up to $20+ more depending on color. The same RF-1100 with factory graphics is $551.99 MSRP! Spending $111.00 for graphics isn't a great deal in my book... I'll just stick my MSF and AMA reflective stickers on mine....

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
From a visability standpoint its hard to beat good old white as well. I do have a hi-viz helmet and a white helmet. My riding partners tell me the white one stands out more.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
MotoGP, and most other competition events, require being certified to the ECE 22.05 standard. See Here for a good article on the ECE Standard...

One of the easiest ways to save money when buying a helmet is to skip the pretty graphics. My RF-1100 is "plain old" White and is $440.99 MSRP, other solid colors run up to $20+ more depending on color. The same RF-1100 with factory graphics is $551.99 MSRP! Spending $111.00 for graphics isn't a great deal in my book... I'll just stick my MSF and AMA reflective stickers on mine....
I buy solid color helmets now and add my own "graphics" via reflective decals. I used decals from http://www.reflectivedecals.com/moto.htm on my previous and current helmet. They never hinted at coming off even after 80k miles of riding in all sorts of crazy weather. They also have decals for bikes/luggage similar to what Motorcycle Larry carries.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I also buy sold color helmets and add my own graphics. I have them custom cut. Callie's Graphics. She has done vinyl graphics for my modeling business for years and will make anything you want. But, just about any graphics or sign shop can do the work if you supply the art.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
With some exceptions, the safest helmet is the one you will wear. My first hemet was a $50 Arai full face(1978) and I kind of wish I could buy that one again. My cousin purchased a $100 Bell Star, and we would swap every couple of hours when we rode together. That was because the Bell Star was so uncomfortable.
I currently own three helmets. An HJC full face I used to ride in, but it is so noisy I switched over to the helmet I purchased as a spare, a 3/4 Fulmer with a plastic snap on windscreen. I know it is not as safe as the HJC full face, but it is comfortable, quite and cool in hot weather. My third helmet is a HD half helmet. I picked it up used because it fits in my saddle bag. I always have a spare helmet if I need/want to carry a passenger. I live in a state with a helmet law, and even if I am across the line in AR where helmets are not required, I figure a half helmet is better than no helmet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom