Love the British approach to Vehicles

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I would venture a guess that all the effected models were the venerable 500 cc Bullet on which the technology goes back several decades. I recall reading that the gearing on those bikes doesn't comfortably provide modest RPM at the sustained speeds easily attainable in the US. No complaints so far from owner's of the new twin-cyl 650s.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The post about dropping valves prompted me to do a bit of research since I hadn't heard anything about RE having that problem. I couldn't find anything about the valves specifically but apparently many Indian owners have their undies in a bunch about problems they are having with their Himalayans. Most of the complaints are from 2-3 years ago and related to electrical woes. Glad to hear that 'cause the Interceptor would be on my short list if'n I was to ever win the lottery. Of course, you have to BUY a lottery ticket to win, don'tcha?

Mike

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If he was referring to the 500 Bullet, which I suspect he was, there is no way that engine would be durable for sustained Interstate travel. As you said, 50's technology just wouldn't cut the mustard.

Mike

Top Bottom