Low RPM "burping"

Mattb

Prior to the 600 mile service I noticed that my NT would backfire slightly with a low RPM throttle blip - like when some of us instinctively twist the throttle quickly to encourage the bike to find 1st gear from neutral. (I think I developed the habit on my Dad's '73 CL 350 when I was a kid).

I thought that the valve adjustment would solve it, but I still notice it after 6K miles.

Anything to worry about or should I just stop it with the cool sounding throttle blips?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I doubt if the throttle blip is necessary but I would also not think you should get a backfire by doing it. Next time you have it in you might asked the dealer to check it. I assume it has something to do with a lean condition off idle.

Bike
Silver NT700V
When I have issue fo not getting to First from neutral, I just ease up the clutch a bit then re-engage and shift. No throttle blip. Have not hear any backfiring under deceleration.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I have had mine backfire about 4 times. Seems to have happened under decelleration and maybe when I have held throttle open just a little while still decelerating (just off stop).
It is so infrequent I am not worried at all about it. So seldom has happened that it would be very hard to troubleshoot anyway. Any fix would most likely be a shot in the dark.

Brad

Top Bottom