[Review] Lumia 830 Review

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
ROFLMAO

Yep. We use our mobile hotspots when on the road quite a bit. It is frequently much faster than the WiFi provided at campgrounds or hotels. We have exceeded our monthly allowance a few times (and that is 10GB/mo). When you have two people on laptops/tablets it goes fast.

A hint. If you know you are going to be using it a lot, call your cell service and upgrade your data plan for that month. For us it is $10 to upgrade one level, but, it is $15 if we do not and then exceed that level. Not that much, but, one trip we exceeded the next level as well (2 week trip and we went over 20GB). Ouch! That was when we found out that streaming movies takes a TON of data :)

Also, your cell provider probably has an app that tracks your usage for the month (Verizon has a good one). When running a hotspot I would check it daily. Gives you an idea of which things you do use the most. Typically it is streaming video. The app should also have custom set warning levels so you can get a notification when you have gone over certain levels. I usually set mine at half, 80% and then 90%.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
OSMand is a European development effort

Here is their country region list
Very approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *

geno05

Sucks a battery dry in nothing flat though. Make sure you can keep the thing plugged into an accessory outlet if you're taking more than a 45 minute trip.
My Lumia 920 will get really warm and be dead in an hour if GPS is used while not on a cord.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
That's true of all the phones when the GPS is active. Especially if the screen is on. And make sure you have a 12V adapter that is at least 1A output (I like the 2A ones). If less than 1A your phone will still go dead in a few hours.

Top Bottom