May 2011 Trip. KS to Bryce Canyon

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
What are the things you would leave home next time and what will you pack? Practice like Herb says "makes better"

Glad you enjoyed your ride, I enjoyed reading about it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Karl, you didn't ask me, but what I usually take too many of is clothes. I'm getting down (after 13 years of touring) to nothing but underwear, socks, and t-shirts, plus one pair of the nylon hiking pants with the zip-off legs. If cold weather is a possibility or likely, I'll take one pair of jeans instead of the nylon pants and one or two long-sleeved t-shirts and my fleece jacket. I've always got my heated jacket liner and a couple of glove options.

I need to get more rigourous about cutting down on tools. They're not so bulky, but I could probably shed 3-4 pounds if I took what I really might use.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Artemedes, I really enjoyed reading your report and viewing your photos! Thanks for posting it.

ferrous2

I enjoyed it too.......thanks very much for taking the time.

OP
OP
artemedes
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Karl,

I primarily took too many clothes that I didn't wear. I had two opportunities to wash my clothes and ended up wearing the more riding friendly clothes the whole time. I had three pairs of jeans, 4 tshirts, etc... I think if I could have fit my thermarest in the top box I wouldn't have even needed the dry bag, but it is too long. I think I took so many things because I expected to camp more than I did. I will probably pack all the camping stuff on the next trip too. :)

I think the big thing on my next trip will be to spend more time at the destinations and really relax and enjoy myself off the motorcycle. Still haven't figured out where my next trip will be.

Top Bottom