Mellow's August trip to MNSTOC

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
as beautiful as the pictures of the scenery are I like the selfie pix the best :)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I had been telling myself I was over my Super Tenere obsession, and you go and post this. The crazy thing is that I went down SOME of the sam roads on my first big motorcycle vacation and didn't go down some of the ones I wanted to because I was on the NT and it was only a month old. You at least made me feel better about avoiding the ones I did. The memories of that trip led me to purchasing the DR650. I saw so many dusty dual sports in NM, AZ, and Utah that I knew I had to have one. As good as the DR was on last years 3 week trip, it wasn't as good as asphalt tourer as a lot of other bikes. I did it and have great memories. So I am sitting here thinking about where I am going to go on vacation this september and you show me what I missed on the bike I WANT. Wanna trade for an NT? :)

Thanks for posting the photos.

Nice ride report and pictures Joe....Was up in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone in July with my wife and grown daughters and got to drive some of the roads that I have seen mentioned on this site....came across on the Chief Joseph Highway on our way to Cody and would love to do that on two wheels....that area is just so beautiful. Just bought an NT this past Thursday in Little Rock and rode it home some 250 or so miles...you go that far for a cup of coffee!!! Your last post here is right on!!! I have riding a Silver Wing scoot and before I even got off of the NT at the house, my wife was wanting to know which one I was going to keep!!! Convinced that if men had 9 lives like a cat, we still would not figure out women!!!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Great trip report again with more of your great pictures! Thanks!

tawilke46

Joe,
Noticed on your selfie the faceshield and helmet looked amazingly clean and bug free! Can't do that very often here in Lousyana.

What camera did you use, how was it attached, to you or the bike? Was it easy to take the stills as you were riding?
Curious. Thinking of getting a camera set up I can use and get pics as I ride and stay relatively safe while doing it.

Got me all fired up to do a long ride now! I was in Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado on my trip to California October 2012. Difference was I was driving and not riding! Very beautiful country regardless of how you travel through it. Need to go back soon.......ready for another fix!

Last edited:
Joe. lovely pictures and great report. When I went over Beartooth last week and then Chief Joseph into Cody, we had crystal clear days. I felt fortunate for the good weather. Again, the miles you put in per day is truly impressive. I'm not sure quite how you do it.

Terry

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Noticed on your selfie the faceshield and helmet looked amazingly clean and bug free! Can't do that very often here in Lousyana.
The bike took most of the bug hits. I cleaned the shields every day at the end of the day. It wasn't too bad at all.
What camera did you use, how was it attached, to you or the bike? Was it easy to take the stills as you were riding?
It's an Olympus Tough TG-2 - it's waterproof and I just wear it around my neck. I turns on in just about a second and is ready to take pics using my left hand. I simply grab it and find the power button then point and shoot without taking my eyes off the road. Some pics turn out, some don't, but I feel most will be good enough. Since it's waterproof, I don't have to worry about rain. Been doing it this way for years and seems to work for me.

Top Bottom