Milestones and Memories

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
With a year plagued with problems at work which kept me from enjoying much of my summer months and only allowing one week long get away into the Blue Ridge Mountains and numerous weekend getaways. I was finally free by mid August to start again exploring the great Allegheny Mountains and began a riding spree that would not give me a break to write about till now. I had seriously figured there was no way I would get to enjoy the NT as much since I possibly only had a couple months to do so. I would not get to see places I had wanted to visit or roads I wanted to ride. Yet in just a short time I had made it to most of the locations I wanted to visit and carved most of those turns I wanted to enjoy. Now that I start going through the photos I want to share, there are way to many photos to even think about posting here. But I just had to say how spectacular it was to roll on mile after mile while listening to complaints from fellow workers (when I was there) that I was never at work ( big smiles ).

Milestone; It was on September first, 2 years and 4 days after purchasing my 2010 NT and putting the first mile on it. I was in Beattyville KY enjoying a trip with a good friend when I realized I hit a milestone for my NT, well actually passed it by 9 miles.

We had pulled in to get something to drink and when I was checking my fuel I realized I had hit 30,000 miles on the NT. I couldn't really believe I had done that with only weekends and maybe an evening or two to ride. I knew I was racking mile after mile however was enjoying my time in the saddle soo much it just didn't seem to register. I wondered how many more miles I would rack up since I was planning for several more trips before the season was over.

I enjoyed more beauty than I could imagine in trips through KY, GA, TN, NC, SC, VA, PA, MD, and of course my home state of WV. Ride after ride, barely able to get the pictures off my SD cards before filling it up again. Once the weather pretty much shut us down here in WV since early November my mountain biking had exploded and took up even more of my time. I sat down and started going through pictures I wanted to share here and found there was absolutely no way I could share all that awesome stuff without over loading the servers. So I am including a small sample in a photobucket album to just give you an idea.

http://s105.photobucket.com/user/djphotos1/slideshow/2013 MC Fun

When the weather turned back, first week in November, I noted just short of 35,000 miles on the NT. What a fantastic year 2013 was. My hope is that even more opportunities will shine on us all for 2014.

Motorcycling is more than just going places. It's more than just seeing the sites. It's something that moves my soul. I wish everyone, in the New Year, an opportunity to see more than you have ever before and take in every little moment. Our time here is short so enjoy every opportunity to ride, every small photo op, and share it with everyone so they may have a moment to do the same. Ride On !

Bob, there is soo much to see right around Natural Bridge KY. Some awesome roads and definitely some sweet natural things to see. I wore shorts under my riding pants and took hiking sandals to enjoy the area while there.

I've ridden a little bit of that and can see that I need to get back during the time when the color is showing. Magnificent!

Thanks for sharing them with us!

Thanks for sharing. Pics are Great! Congrats on the milestone, too!
Wanda P.:hat1:

Great pics! But, I gotta ask, you got two wives or two girlfriends? One on a 'zuki and one on a Harley? How did you transport the pooches?

Mike

Great thoughts and even better photos! Thanx for both, DJ.

Some of your shots are of someone riding - and I'm wondering if the shots are of you. If so, did you use a radio remote on your camera (like a Pocket Wizard)?

Lets see some more of your photography.

DJ,

Thanks for the update and photos. You're quickly catching me in regards to odometer readings so I'd better get busy in 2014 and roll up more miles. I believe I have somewhere around 35-37k right now. Stay in touch.

Tosh

Great pics! But, I gotta ask, you got two wives or two girlfriends? One on a 'zuki and one on a Harley? How did you transport the pooches?

Mike
Lucky enough to have two female riding companions.. We haul the dogs (miniature Australian Shepherds) in our riding jacket. Put a leash around my chest and hook it to his harness just in case however he has never offered to jump out. Most the time he just sleeps.

Last edited:
Some of your shots are of someone riding - and I'm wondering if the shots are of you. If so, did you use a radio remote on your camera (like a Pocket Wizard)?

Lets see some more of your photography.

Not many are of me. Most of them are my friends and if one is of me, it's my friends picture I stole. I always have a camera hanging on a rig in front of me so I can grab it and operate it with one hand. I know, probably not too safe. Here is a picture from tail of the dragon where those guys along the road caught me taking pictures of the ladies ahead of me as we were going through the turns.

The shots behind me were just random shots over my shoulder. Point the camera backward and hold the button down. I always run the camera on multi shot so I can go through several and find the best one.

PS here is a couple, one showing me taking my friends picture and her taking mine at the same time.

Last edited:
That's the way I take almost all of my pictures. I'll have to check to see if I've got a multi-shot mode. I get a lot of good pictures and even more lousy ones. But electrons are cheap. Since I discovered the "straighten" function in Photo Gallery, I throw out a lot less. I enjoy your pictures! Keep posting them!

Back
Top Bottom