Missing Screws (Not in My Head)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
My bike is missing the two (2) screws that hold down the Meter Cover. What size screws should work as replacements? Thanks for any help.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Interestingly, when I picked up my 2007 NT700V (with less than 3,000 miles on the odometer) one of those screws was missing

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Both of mine were missing. I replaced them and then dropped one of them into a deep dark hole on the bike while making repairs to my ChargeGuard and replacing my Denali switch just before Spearfish.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
In my experience self tapping screws, into soft plastic parts, with a lot of vibration in the area, are a combo that just about guarantees missing screws sooner or later. Or else I end up stripping one while tightening it in a vain attempt to keep it for falling off....:rolleyes1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Since it's almost impossible to get the "meter cover" off when you've taken the screws out, I don't think that having those two missing is any big deal. It just looks strange with a hole.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Since it's almost impossible to get the "meter cover" off when you've taken the screws out, I don't think that having those two missing is any big deal. It just looks strange with a hole.
The meter cover is held in with those two screws and the four screws that also hold in the pockets. Not to mention the tabs that are a b#$%h to release.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The tabs are the worst -- or the best if you just want to be sure that the cover NEVER ever comes off.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Sadly, I have become almost proficient in taking that fascia bezel off with my CCS project. It's pretty easy after 100 times or so...
Interesting...we didn't take mine off at all installing the Rostra. Why did you take it off to install the Audiovox?

Top Bottom