Mixing colors? Black and siver?

Well, I've received my front lower cowl from Skidmarx and it's very nice, except they don't color match silver, so I settled for black. My bike is silver, by the way. Haven't installed it yet, because it's summer, and I want the airflow. But now I'm considering upgrading the pannier lids, and have a choice of colors, where silver is an obvious choice. But maybe I should order black to match the lower fairing? Has anyone done this? Do you have pictures? Don't want to commit to anything, and really don't want to be stuck re-painting parts later.

What do ya'll think?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Black lids and a black Honda undercowl have been my color scheme for a some of the time I've had my bike.P9030616.JPG

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Wayne's bike makes a good contrast with mine. You can see what an un-scraped bike looks like vs a scraped-up one. :cool:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Mixing lids is not bad. I have silver lids on a red bike and it looks fine. I have a couple of scrapes that are not terribly visible. Will probably paint mine black using truck bed liner after I do the truck bed on my pickup.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
If the "scrapes" are really character marks, my bike has LOTS of character! 🥳

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
All of our NT’s looked better in 2011 when the pictures of Wayne’s NT were taken. In fact most of us had a little less patina in 2011 as well.

trophydan

I have the black Skidmarx lowers on my silver 700. I think they look great. Would a photo of the effect be helpful?

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
All of our NT’s looked better in 2011 when the pictures of Wayne’s NT were taken. In fact most of us had a little less patina in 2011 as well.
Warren nailed that one. Look at all the great NTs back then. Oh - and the great riders too. DSCN0519.jpeg

OP
OP
Likeafox
After some deliberation, I'm going to go ahead and paint my lower fairing to match the bike instead. Red's bike looks very convincing. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Looks good, Dan! I was remembering that the original poster was actually asking about the reverse of your bike. I thought he had a black bike and is wondering how silver lids will look. I think they'd be OK.

But I was wrong. His bike was silver.

Last edited:
Top Bottom