More Warranty Work Toiday

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
At 53,825 miles I got new fork seals under the extended warranty. I also had All Balls tapered roller head bearings installed and the Triumph fork gaitors put on.

Nic, my favorite wrench at Sun Honda said that the old fork oil was really stinky and dirty, so I'm glad I got that done before the Epic ride. I don't know what weight fork oil he used, but I'm guessing it was 15W.

I also got a new set of PR3s replacing a front that had 17,125 and a rear Dunlop Roadsmart 2 that was nearly to 9,000 miles. The PR3 still had all the sipes showing but was nearly out of tread. The Roadsmart 2 was very squared off. It probably would have gotten me to Texas and back the first week of May, but I decided to go ahead and mount the PR3.

I plan on changing oil, filter, and letting Nic check the head bearings again before we head north to Alaska.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Did your seal ever start leaking again after we cleaned it? Also need pictures of the bike wearing the gaitors.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Chuck, it didn't leak. Nic said that there was a little oil under the dust seal, but it looked like the seal was not leaking any more.

One other thing: I had paid to have Nic diagnose the problem with my Denalis and he told me I had a bad relay. I called Twisted Throttle and they sent me a new relay (free except for shipping). I put it in and the Denalis were doing the same thing they'd done before the new relay. The right light is on but dim, and the left light is not putting out any light. I asked Nic to check it again today and it turns out that there was a different relay that had loose spade fittings to plug into the wiring harness -- but not into the wires that go to the Denalis as far as I can tell.

The relay says: "Anerda LART-112LMF" There's a little picture of the relay under the print, but it's rubbed away on something so I can't tell what the pin-out is.

Anybody got any ideas? I'll spend some time looking at the Shop Manual after I get through Easter. I don't know if this is a Honda relay or one that's on the bike. As far as I can remember, there was only one relay on the Denali wiring harness.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[I plan on...letting Nic check the head bearings again before we head north to Alaska.]

If they were torqued correctly, it's unlikely they'll need further tightening. The surface area on tapered rollers is so much greater than on balls bearings that "wearing in" doesn't seem to happen.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Nothing spectacular, but here's a picture of the NT with Triumph fork gaitors:

P1050263.JPG

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The plastic fork guards are gone. Nic had saved them for me, but I couldn't think of any reason to hang on to them. I'm really trying to quit hanging on to things I might need someday down the road.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I'm really trying to quit hanging on to things I might need someday down the road.
I'm going through another one of my periodic garage "purges". I cannot even begin to guess why I kept some of the stuff I've found stashed away. :rolleyes1: Maybe I could build a "YamaKawazukionda" bike to compete with Johnny Cash's Cadillac.....

One Piece At A Time

Top Bottom