Motorcycle jack

woodcellar

Does anybody know if you can use a motorcycle jack under the NT700V,I only see the motor & exhaust pipes under the bike, no fame support.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
That's a really good question. I've got a Craftsman jack that has two crossbars with hard rubber coverings that worked just dandy on my Concours, touching only the motor and the exhausts, but I haven't tried putting the NT on it. I'm going to maybe get an oil change done before I leave for Texas next Wednesday. If I do, I'll at least look to see if the jack will fit and what it would lift. I'm thinking the bike will have to be on the side stand to get the jack under it. That's the way the Connie fit.

Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
The motor is a stress member of the frame and can be used as a jack point. There are two rectangular castings underneath that appear to be jack points. Be cautious not to put pressure on the water pump (located below and in front of the gear shifter)

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I think that at some point I will get one of those platforms that are raised with air pressure and have a part that pulls out allowing you to pull the rear wheel without removing the fender. I have room in my shop for one, and it can serve as double duty with my bicycles. I wish the NT had provisions for spools on the swingarms like the Ninja had--would make life easier. I have two jacks for sportbikes front and rear. I may be able to rig something off the passenger pegs. I still need to do some measuring and engineering. If I come up with something that works, the whole forum will be informed.

silverdevil

Harbor Freight has one, and now I have one, had it for several years now
has 2 petals to raise and lower, works fine lasts long time
a plate does come out on the rear of the platform so you can drop your tire down and do not have to take off the rear fender or what ever you want to call it of the bike.
I have used it on my FJR, NINJA and now the NT. also makes oil changes a lot easier to do. approx $300, been quite a few years ago so look it up and see.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Here are some pics of the Harbor Freight platform lift. It is one of two things that one must have in their motorcycle career. As you can see it will lift a NT easily. I even put my 720 lb ST1300 on it. It has a 1000lb cap. Every now and again you can find a 20% off coupon in the motorcycle mags, or on line. It really does make working on or maintaining your own bike much more enjoyable. Some slight modes are required, as you can see from the picture I made some out rigger boxes to have a place to put my feet when I ride up on the lift.

OP
OP

woodcellar

Has anyone actually used the motorcycle jack under the engine with good results.Any pictures would help.

Thanks,

Nick

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I bought the HF lift and love it. It is very well made and was $350 delivered from HF in NH. There are no HF stores in Maine. It is a good investment. I use it to service the snow blower, lawn mower, friend's motorcycles, etc. It's one of those "How did I ever get along without one" of those items

Top Bottom