[Review] Motorport Air Mesh Kevlar pants

CommuterNT

Not too many people are familiar with these pants and company but they are some of the best. Do a Google search for them and the company and everyone will say they are the best but least fashionable pants and gear. http://http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=25&cid=29&Itemid=15. The website is horrible, believe it or not it has gotten better in the last year. The pictures are just as bad representing the product and do no justice to the looks of the products. Just do a Google search of the company and products and you will find several stories and testimonies of people swearing by these post accident.

I've had these for about a year now and they still look brand new. I've put over 10,000 year round commuting miles on them. I also got the zip out waterproof liner them. First off these are not cheap or the best looking. I don't think that they are horrible looking but they don't give you that racer look. I did a lot of research for pants and the best type of textile material and Kevlar came out the best for abrasion resistance. Odds are you are going to go for a slide more then anything else. All of the gear from Motoport is custom made to order which was a huge plus for me since I'm of the vertically challenged group. The quality of materials, workmanship and detail are of high standards.

I wear these pants year round for commuting to work and general riding. With the liners in I stay bone dry and it keeps all of the wind directly off of my legs. I believe most people would be comfortable down to 40* with a pair of jeans and the liner. I personally can go to the low 30's and still feel fine for an hour or so and not wear any extra layers. Without the liner these things are super comfortable and allow lots of air flow with out compromising on safety. On the hottest day with a pair of shorts underneath you would be more comfortable then just a pair of jeans.

I can't say enough good things about these pants, they just work and work well. The abrasion resistance and craftsmanship are top notch. When I explain to people about my pants and how tough they are I usually give a half joking explanation that you could drag me behind a car all day long and they would still be functional.

OP
OP

CommuterNT

Thank you for the link fix.

Update: I had a slow speed lowside a couple of weeks ago and the pants got tested. I came down on my left side and my left hip took the majority of my body in contact with the pavement. I probably slid for about 12-15'. The pants barely show where I slid and I'm sure with a little cleaning it would be almost undetectable. Unlike my jacket an Olympia AST 2 with 1000 denier Cordura on the elbow that made contact but did not sustain most of the sliding contact it shows abrasions with some of the integrity lost.

In summery I definately can't say enough about the quality and protection from these pants. AGATT is what kept this fairly minor if you have the right gear from being much worse. I walked away with barely feeling the effects physically, the bike was another story. Thank goodness for good insurance, Progressive has taken good care of me through the whole process.

Top Bottom