My dash is getting busy

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
OK, so have enough stuff in my "cockpit" to keep me occupied on longer trips, and comfortable. :)

Left handlebar has the heated grip controls. You can also see the "brush guards" that keep my knuckles out of the wind.

Right handlebar has the VistaCruise. Instead of using the stock bar clamp I drilled holes to anchor it directly to the throttle housing.

Center you can see where I have the RAM mount for my phone (Droid) and the GPS above. Recently installed sunshield seems to work well. Lightweight aluminum attached with tabs and RTV. Hope it stays put. The RAM mount I have is one of the small dia arms and it 'wobbles' a lot.

Attachments

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Whose brush guards are you using Charlie? I like what you did with the Vista Cruse, I may adopt that trick.

OP
OP
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I can't remember the brand. They were the cheapest ones I could find at Cycle Gear. My goal was plain black and not a ton of vent holes. I think they were $30.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks good, Charlie. Are you going to paint the sunshade on the GPS. Flat black would look good on it.

OP
OP
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Phil,

This shade isnot permanent, just a test piece, so I probably won't bother painting it.

The final will be a more permanent looking mount for the GPS that sets it lower and has a carbon fiber shell.

This piece is meant to see how well a sunshade works alone. If it doesn't then when I do the permanent one I'll put an angled plexi glareshield in front of it (hinged for easy access). When permanet I will also route a hidden power line in the fairing.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Charlie,

I have a soft cloth and plastic sun shield that I use on my 4250. In the car it worked very well, the problem I have on the NT is when the sun comes in from behind you it still totally washes out my display. I never had this issue, even in a convertible, while using it in any car. I am planning to set my GPS "deeper" down, by using a shorter arm, and seeing if my tank bag will provide enough shade to help keep it visible...

tawilke46

Thanks Rob, I just ordered one of those shades. May solve the problem of the screen on my Zumo washing out in the sun.
Good Stuff!!!!

OP
OP
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
:) Nope, there's enough space to get in there fairly easy (not with winter gloves on).

After 14k miles I've gotten pretty good with the key :)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Let us know how that works out for ya!

Oh and as you continue your modifications, just remember, where there is a will, there's a way...:wink:
Yes, the center top screen is a forward looking infrared display.

Thanks Rob, I just ordered one of those shades. May solve the problem of the screen on my Zumo washing out in the sun.
Good Stuff!!!!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I already thought the XM / Navi Wing has about 30 or so buttons too many for me but that is quite a sight.... I would probably kill myself while trying to find the "right" button instead of watching the road! Hey, where is the control panel for the Weapons Systems? :D

Top Bottom