My Honda "Unicorn" (NT700V) at a Vstrom Rally.......

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
The Vstrom bunch (mainly from Stromtrooper.com) will be having our 20th Annual Eastern Vstrom Rally at The Iron Horse in Stecoah, NC (outside Robbinsville) next week May 12-15, 2022. We have 85 names so far attending........13 of those are coming down from Canada. I am one of the 3 Chairs (scapegoats) for the rally........have been since about 2012, I guess. Riding in on a vstrom is not required.........anyone can attend. We have probably a dozen guys on non-vstroms..........they owned a vstrom years ago, sold or traded it, but still continue to come back to this rally for the fellowship. I have taken a non-vstrom the last 4-5 years as well.........Zuma 125 last year, ZRX1200, NC700X, CB500X, and a ZRX1100 years ago. Does not matter "what" you ride, just that you come to have fun. This year I am taking my Honda Unicorn.......the NT700. I'm willing to bet half the folks there never even heard of an NT700. Gonna print some stickers that say "Unicorn" and tape them over the NT700V on the panniers........ :p The Iron Horse has everything we want in a venue.......from primative tent camping to "bunkhouse" sleeping, to semi-private rooms, to full blown cabin rentals......plus they feed us Breakfast and Supper. We have multiple Group Rides, a Slow Speed Race on Saturday, nightly meetings with door prizes and give-aways/guest speakers/seminars, and ......something new this year......Friday evening Social with a FREE Beer & Nutz Garden (4PM-6PM) in the parking lot. Cost nothing to attend this event except your room/tent space and meals. If you are interested, I would LOVE to have a fellow NT Rider there!!! PM me for more info.........and/or go here to sign-up, see pics from previous 10 years, get info........ www.easternvstromrally.com. We also have a FB Page.......Eastern Vstrom Rally...........and a huge Rally thread on Stromtrooper.com. The Iron Horse Lodge has its own website too.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Free Beer? I could ride there on my Vstrom but as luck would have it I will be on a cruise ship off of Alaska during the rally. Darn it. Sounds like a great group of people. I really enjoy our rally at Spearfish......

OP
OP
Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Sorry for your "suffering" (Cruise), Chris........;)
The stromtrooper guys are very laid back, mostly middle-age and up, no hooligans, no boozers in the crowds (so far), and really are alot of fun to be around.........especially those crazy Canooks, aye??

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Sorry for your "suffering" (Cruise), Chris........;)
The stromtrooper guys are very laid back, mostly middle-age and up, no hooligans, no boozers in the crowds (so far), and really are alot of fun to be around.........especially those crazy Canooks, aye??
Frosty and I met a couple of them at a BMW Rally in Canada....nice guys....

OP
OP
Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
May 18th to the 21st, 2023. Same Venue.........The Iron Horse Lodge/Campground. To see pics from this past May, go to the website.... www.easternvstromrally.com .
We don't care what you ride in on, all long as you ride a bike of some kind.....!!!

Top Bottom