My weird ergo problem

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
I've never found a pair of gloves that fit me completely properly. This has to do with the configuration of my hands. My hand is basically an average size, but my thumbs are placed further from my fingers than fits the norm. Plus they are longer than is normal given the length of my fingers. And to top it off, my thumbs extend at a greater angle than normal when stretched out comfortably.

For summer gloves this isn't a big problem, as they are all fairly stretchy. But for the cooler temperature leather gloves it means I wind up with my hand dexterity being compromised by every single pair of gloves I can find. If the glove otherwise fits, my thumb travel is limited. If I get a really big size to help with that problem, then the glove is simply too loose on my hands and fingers for proper control.

Does anyone else have a similar problem and have you found a line of gloves that accommodate us "monkey-paw" people?

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Rich,
I have very large hands and have in the past found it difficult to get gloves that fit properly. I found what I needed at our local Harley dealer. Seems like the Harley folks make lots of different gloves

OP
OP
Rich
Bike
2013 FJR 1300
My problem isn't large hands, unfortunately, it's the shape of them. They're kind of like Chimpanzee feet. I've tried on gloves at Harley of Seattle, and haven't found anything there either. Of course they have lots of fingerless gloves, if you're into that sort of thing. About the only place I haven't tried would be BMW dealers. BMW riders seem to have all sorts of elaborate riding gear, so I'll try there when I get a chance.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I second John's suggestion give them a phone call and explain your situation, I am sure they can and will be able to help you. I have no connection to them , just a very satisfied customer for over 50 years.

Eldon

Try Langlitz in Portland.

elizilla

Z Leathers makes custom gloves. I haven't ordered the custom gloves (my hands don't need custom fit), but I have their custom leathers and I can report they fit well, and I have a pair of their readymade gloves which are very well made and nice. Not only will they custom fit your hand, you can custom order them in multiple colors if you like.

Top Bottom