New 2 Brothers Exhaust for NT?

Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2 Brothers exhaust re-released a complete exhaust system for the NT650GT Hawk;

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-0101&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Hon-Hawk-NT650GT-FULL.html

I wrote them a letter asking if they could "adjust" it to fit the NT700v. If everyone else who is interested could contact 2 brothers and ask as well, we may get a nice aftermarket system! Also would be nice to get a map for their juicebox...commute mode and weekend mode?

Check out the video on their site, at the above link, it sounds GREAT!
LEO;)

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[I want a dual exhaust system for my NT.]

If you've ever looked at the area behind the engine where the shock lives, there is little to no room to have a pipe crossover to the left side. The centerstand (up & down) is also in the way plus access to the oil filter is already tight.

When BMW first introduced their F-650 single more than 10 years ago, it had a fake muffler on the left side for "symmetry."
:)

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Symmetry is nice, but so is efficiency. On my soon to be CB550 Cafe Racer, I am going to a four into one header system. It is relatively quiet and works well with the four carbs--which will be re-jetted. The NT would probably look fine with dual exhaust and would probably sound more throaty. If I had to replace my silencer, I would probably go with the H-D silencer route so well described in this forum.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have no intention of changing the exhaust on my bike. The Honda engineers put time and effort to match the exhaust to the intake to get the best performance. I am happy with the performance, the sound, etc.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I agree with the majority of you on this matter. It "aint gonna happen" is my mantra regarding changing the exhaust system. I like the "soup can" analogy.
If I were 20 years younger riding a crotch rocket at track days again, I'd definately look at an after-market exhaust system for some extra HP. But I grew up
and graduated from those days. I don't ride any bike because it "sounds cool." I ride for the viscereal joy of riding.
I am not convinced that an after market system is going to intergrate well with the NT or provide a significant performance bump to justify the bang for the buck, so I will bow out of this crusade and let someone else do the trial and error, heavy emphasis on the error part.

Top Bottom