New bike (to me) and need some help with upgrades

The Helibar kit on my "new" bike is probably the last one they ever made. I'm not sure when Frosty bought it, but he had tried to order one and been told they were no longer available. He called them and they managed to piece one together for him. It sure makes a nice place to ride. :cool:
A 3" rise would have been perfect for me, but there is a catch-22 I noticed with higher bars. The more upright I am, the farther away I get from the windshield....and the higher it needs to be to keep me out of the wind noise. I have a +4" smoked Cee Bailey on there now that came with the bike. At the lowest setting I can see over it ok, but the noise is tiring. One position up is quiet but obstructive. It is a good looking windshield, but the stock one actually works better for me.

Personally I think you need to ride the bike as-is for many miles and discover your own gripes. Don't rely on others to tell you what needs fixing because it may not apply to you.

Personally I think you need to ride the bike as-is for many miles and discover your own gripes. Don't rely on others to tell you what needs fixing because it may not apply to you.
Yup! What Phil said!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom