New Line of Accessories at Walmart.com

skiper

Last year i was browsing for a tank bag and wanted to see the bare bones Walmart model - it didn't exist. Today i tried again and a whole new selection is available and for the many who want softer seats - now there are gel seat pads from 66 bucks to 99 bucks at Walmart .com ..

kenstone

Givi, not something you'd find at Walmart though!

I just bought a 3D603 GIVI TB TANKLOCK and BF03 GIVI MNT FLANGE for the NT, check them out.
The flange bolts onto/around the gas filler and the bag connects to it.
Although I have not used it yet, I've been riding with my son who has had one for years.

Givi makes other bigger bags that use the same mounting system that you may like too.
I read that magnet mounts can mess up any electronics stored in the bag.

Nothing touches the paint with the Givi tank lock bags but like anything Givi they are pricey.
I bib on a few on ebay but never won an auction and just bought a new one:p
Ken

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have the magnetic Wal-Mart Bag. I have had it for three years. It is well made and reasonably priced.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Those of you who use a tank bag...which would work best on an NT? The magnetic? or Non-magnetic?

Chris

Cortech Mini magnet mount. Mine is a few years old. Not sure if they are still made. About 80 bucks give or take a few. Handle bars do not hit the side of the bag. Horn does not sound when bars fully turned left. Start button is not activated when bars fully turned right.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Chuck they dont kmake that bag any more
I have the Cortech mini (6 ltr) magnetic
Just right for NT

The walmart bag is a knock off of the Cortech/Tourmaster bag at less than half the price
I wouldnt be afraid of it

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I used my largish Nelson Rigg tankbag on the NT. Straps, no magnets. Easy on, easy off, easy to refuel. The rear straps were fitted with plastic coated hooks that were hooked under the back edge of the tank (beneath the seat). The front was a strap around the steering neck.

If you want to use a tank bag, and keep your paint pristine, I'd suggest some of that clear protective stuff.

I have a smaller Cortech magnetic bag that used for short day trips. The magnets never affected my phone.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I have the Cortech Dryver tank lock bag and love it. Easy on, easy off and no contact with the tank.

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got two tankbags that share the same mount: SW-Motech's City Bag for longer trips and the SW-Motech Daypack for around town. They both use the same mount that attaches to the tank-filler flange and have worked great. Twisted Throttle sells them.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have a clip on style I got from Twisted Throttle. It mounts to a ring bolted to the gas filler ring. Take about 1 second to move it out of the way to refuel and it does not touch the tank. With the attached map case it has plenty of room.

See Phil's post above. My bag is the Daypack and it gets used for everything.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Re: Givi, not something you'd find at Walmart though!

I just bought a 3D603 GIVI TB TANKLOCK and BF03 GIVI MNT FLANGE
Hey Ken, I'm interested in how this fits the NT. Searched for pics of this model on an NT with no luck. I've read some of the bigger Givi tank bags interfere with left/right handlebar rotation. Also, I have a cell phone & GPS mounted at the on the top bridge with a Motorcycle Larry 1" riser and bridge. I'm concerned that this smaller tank bag may still interfere with either the GPS or cell mount, or left/right handlebar rotation.

If you've had a chance to use the Givi on the NT could you please comment on how it fits...or a pic.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Dan, I ordered a Givi before I went to the SW-Moto Tech/Bags Connection City bag. The Givi would have been a very tight fit. The City Bag and the Daytrip Bags fit fine. I did have to do a bit of bending on my heated grip control bracket and the bracket for my driving light switch to keep the City Bag from turning them on and off.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
I have an Eclipse tank bag that I bought when I acquired my GPz750 25 years ago. It was about $65.00 then. I need to replace some of the accessories, but i will see how it fits when I get my new bike.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
When are you getting your new bike, John? And what are you getting?

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Those of you who use a tank bag...which would work best on an NT? The magnetic? or Non-magnetic?

Chris
In my opinion it comes down to what you're more comfortable with. I used magnetic on the NT, and on the Explorer I have the oem one with straps, and a bags-connection one with the ring that keeps it off the tank. All have their positives and negatives. I probably like magnetic the best because it is the easiest on/off - you just have to make sure dirt doesn't get under the magnetic spots because it WILL scratch the tank. That's the primary reason people who don't use magnetic choose not to. And it's a valid concern, but if you put a little bit of effort, you won't ever scratch anything.

See my review of the Firstgear Silverstone: http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?2945-First-Gear-Silverstone&highlight=

I had this on the NT and loved it as I thought it fit the bike perfectly. It does not fit on my Explorer (too much tupperware covers up the tank so it has nowhere to attach securely) and I have two other bags anyway so this one is just sitting there getting no use. You can have it if you're willing to pay for the shipping.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA

Chris
I have a magnetic bag I use on my bike with a tether strap and it works fine. there is enough steel in the tank to keep it stuck. It does mar the paint with time if that sort of thing bothers you.

kenstone

Re: Givi, not something you'd find at Walmart though!

Hey Ken, I'm interested in how this fits the NT. Searched for pics of this model on an NT with no luck. I've read some of the bigger Givi tank bags interfere with left/right handlebar rotation. Also, I have a cell phone & GPS mounted at the on the top bridge with a Motorcycle Larry 1" riser and bridge. I'm concerned that this smaller tank bag may still interfere with either the GPS or cell mount, or left/right handlebar rotation.

If you've had a chance to use the Givi on the NT could you please comment on how it fits...or a pic.
I have it mounted and did a lock to lock and my arms touch the bag...but not anything on the bars.
I had to do major surgery on the adaptor ring, as the holes didn't line up with the cap/tank.
I used a chainsaw sharpening file to elongate the holes "further apart", doing most of that to the hole at 12 o'clock, as the holes at 5 and 7 o'clock are close to the edges.
So much for an adaptor, and know that many listings show 2 pieces, but you only get the adaptor (1) the other part comes with the bag.
I searched the net for an extra mounting flange that comes with the bag, sold seperately so I could swap the bag between bikes, and ended up emailing Givi for a part number.
FYI: ZT480F tanklock ring.
Ken

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I'd say that the Bags-Connection Quick-lock system is just as easy as a magnetic tankbag. They do not touch the tank (no scratching) and is a positive lock that will not slide off while you are going down the road.

Have you seen how the quick-lock works? I'm not trying to start a debate and understand that your opinion is important. I personally am a convert from magnetic bags. Yes, I work for the North American distributor of this system. That said; if I ever leave this company, it will be the bag system I go to the grave with. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/tankbags Check out this video:

[video=youtube_share;vwTezOOuKnc]http://youtu.be/vwTezOOuKnc[/video]

Kev
Hi Kevin - I am familiar with it. It is what I currently use on my bike. And I bought it from TT :) I cannot use a magnetic on my current bike as not enough of the tank is exposed - too much plastic covering it up. The quick lock is a good system, and the optional powered stuff for it is all pretty cool.

The down side for me is the pull string for it interferes a bit with the location of the accessory power plug on the tiger explorer when there is a cigarette adapter with a usb charger plugged into it, so i have to reach far in near the base of the string to pull it. not that big a deal, it still works fine. i'm just not convinced it is worth the premium price you guys charge for the bags-connection products. but i still love TT, and your open houses are pretty fun, too :) debating buying a set of givi trekker outback panniers at the upcoming one. need to talk to the givi reps about fitment issues on the explorer that i know exist.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Chris...Not sure if you have made a decision on a tank bag yet, but I took an inexpensive Joe Rocket Manta bag and made it a "power bag" for my electronics. It's easy to get on and off for refueling and in 4 years has not scratched the tank.

I also used the same Coleman seat pad you have, and it was ok. I used it last year to Spearfish and back and never had any really issues with it drying out pretty quickly the day I caught a lot of rain. However, I don't use it anymore having gone with a Russell Day Long after coming home from Spearfish and not being able to get up and down stairs for 2 days. It worked great for short hauls but for extended periods of riding, was somewhat inadequate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom