New owner

Hello all...just got a 2010 silver in good shape other than a few plastic issues. Previous bike was goldwing but now at 60 yrs old I wanted something lighter n nimble. She reminded me of a pc800 I had yrs ago. Cool forum n glad to be part of the NT family!

Welcome! I also had a GoldWing. Bought it new in 1993 and finally gave it to my son 2 years ago for the same reason....just feeling too heavy to really enjoy at my age. I was 73 at the time. I put 114,000 miles on the Wing and my son has added another 10,000. Still like new. Also had a PC800. It was a great bike. I'm loving the NT700. It is just what I was looking for. I'll ride it until I no longer feel safe riding as I age.

Cliff

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
welcome!!! I had 2 PC800 and on my 2nd NT700

OP
OP
hondafan007
Welcome! I also had a GoldWing. Bought it new in 1993 and finally gave it to my son 2 years ago for the same reason....just feeling too heavy to really enjoy at my age. I was 73 at the time. I put 114,000 miles on the Wing and my son has added another 10,000. Still like new. Also had a PC800. It was a great bike. I'm loving the NT700. It is just what I was looking for. I'll ride it until I no longer feel safe riding as I age.

Cliff
Thanks for responding... honda does make great bikes. Great we can still ride. I like the feel of the 700 for sure. I just can't get key out of luggage lock. Very frustrating... tried the jiggle n everything on internet...I even called a locksmith but have not gone yet. I do have a 2nd key.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Thanks for responding... honda does make great bikes. Great we can still ride. I like the feel of the 700 for sure. I just can't get key out of luggage lock. Very frustrating... tried the jiggle n everything on internet...I even called a locksmith but have not gone yet. I do have a 2nd key.
The most common thing when the key won't come out is that the lock cylinder is not turning all the way to the left. If you can turn the key to the right and open the pannier lid. Then you can move the seat release lever and remove the seat. This will give you some access to the mechanism. If both latches aren't securely latched, the lock cylinder will not rotate all the way to the left. When closing the pannier, do not slam shut but rather close the lid gently by applying pressure to the lid between the two latches.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good to have you with us in the Forum! I learned to ride on a friend's Honda Sabre 600 and then bought my first bike...an '83 Honda GL-650i Silver Wing. I rode it for a year and after 19K miles, traded it on a 2099 Kawasaki Concours. I had two of those and rode them for 165K miles before buying my 1st NT700, an ABS '10. I rode that for 139K before trading it for a practically identical one that had a bit of 20K miles. I haven't put a lot of miles on it because my wife had Alzheimer's for a couple of years. After she died I finally got back on it November, '23 for one ride. I'll put more on it '24.Finally Almost Done.jpg

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Wow 2 pc800s? I thought about trying to find another but at that age I did not want to mess with old brittle plastic. Love to hear what u think of NT700. They are not cheap in Texas n hard to find in state.
I did like the PC800. Was the first bike I had with really good front wind protection with those integrated storage in saddlebags. Everybody would ask me "is that a scooter". But in 2011 thought is was better to go with FI. So bought 1st NT and in 6 yrs - 10 mo, put 201,111 miles on it. Since 1998 I have 580,000 miles on 2 PC and 2NT. Just not able to get a job close to me, and in NC, winter weather is better, can ride longer. Just as an example I went from Feb 2022 - Apr 2023, 14 months, EVERYDAY to work on MC. That was my longest continuous riding length of time. 95% of my miles are work / job miles, but they are by far make the commute FUNNER!!

The PC with 46 HP, and the NT with 64HP, does it with 100cc less, and more peppier than PC because of the FI. Thats all the power I need. If I want more CC, I ride the 1330cc Spyder

Last edited:
OP
OP
hondafan007
Good to have you with us in the Forum! I learned to ride on a friend's Honda Sabre 600 and then bought my first bike...an '83 Honda GL-650i Silver Wing. I rode it for a year and after 19K miles, traded it on a 2099 Kawasaki Concours. I had two of those and rode them for 165K miles before buying my 1st NT700, an ABS '10. I rode that for 139K before trading it for a practically identical one that had a bit of 20K miles. I haven't put a lot of miles on it because my wife had Alzheimer's for a couple of years. After she died I finally got back on it November, '23 for one ride. I'll put more on it '24.Finally Almost Done.jpg
Good looking bikes. Ty for the acceptance to the group. Already saved me with a key stuck issue. I started out with Yamaha virago 750 back in the 80s then took long break for raising kids then finally got a pc800 then goldwing n now this cat. 60 yrs old and wanted a lighter ride. I test rode the CTX700 after I test rode the NT n I did not like the seating n leg position at all. Anyways glad to be here !

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Welcome to the forum. You have already seen there are many helpful people here ready to answer questions.
I also owned a Yamaha 750 Virago. Mine was a 1983 Midnight version. The prettiest bike I have ever owned.
I Traded the NT for a 2020 Kawasaki 650 Versys. The NT is a good solid bike, enjoy it.

Arknt

OP
OP
hondafan007
Welcome to the forum. You have already seen there are many helpful people here ready to answer questions.
I also owned a Yamaha 750 Virago. Mine was a 1983 Midnight version. The prettiest bike I have ever owned.
I Traded the NT for a 2020 Kawasaki 650 Versys. The NT is a good solid bike, enjoy it.

Arknt
Ty... love all the input. Virago was fun
..I cant remember the year...think it was an 83...love the NT so far.... 43k on her but from what I see that's not high mileage... ty for your welvome

silshooter

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
You own my old NT.... Waiting on the smaller sized Triumph. Your bike is in the picture of Luckenbach.

Top Bottom