New Rear Tire and Didn't Remove the Muffler

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Just replaced my rear tire(went with BT 023's again) and did it without removing the muffler- something I picked up from the British Deauville site. You do have to loosen the muffler in order to get the caliper stopper bolt out and have to use a 27 mm open wrench instead of a socket on the muffler side axle nut, but it saves time and wear and tear on the muffler. I've taken mine off many times.

Now I got to get the front done and I should be set with enough tread to make the planned cross country trip this summer with my honey. I was hoping to wait longer but a friend looked at my tires today........ sometimes you can be too cheap. And tires is not the place to skimp.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Yep, I took off my rear tire without taking muffler off. Either in the book, or from posts I read it said you had to take off muffler, so I loosened up the bolts, started wiggling it, I said whew, this will be a chore. So looked at bolt, nut was on muffler side, the bolt comes out final drive side. No need for me to loosen muffler bolts from now on, I could get brake caliper off and out of the way to get tire out.

Top Bottom