[Review] New Sliders 4.0 Jeans w/ Kevlar

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I recently purchased the newest version of Competition Accessories private label, Sliders 4.0 riding jeans and I love them. These have been slightly updated over the previous version 3.0 by adding pockets in the knee area for optional CE armour. At $79.99, these jeans have Kevlar protection over the entire buttocks, front and rear upper thigh, hip and side panels, as well as the knees. They are available in black as well as traditional blue denim. The sizes run a little large. 36x32 in regular Levis fit me perfectly, but the 36x32 in the Sliders are a little bit loose, which is ok for riding and perfect for Bohn Under Armour. I suspect putting them in a med. to high setting in a dryer would shrink the denim, but not the Kevlar panels, so cool dry is best. I won't ride without leg protection, but the warmer months are just too hot in Eastern Washington for my leather or textile overpants so these are perfect.
After reading several online reviews (WebBikeWorld was one) that touted these as a great buy combining saftey and value, I chose them over some of the more recognizable brand names. Like anything, it's amazing how much extra we pay to cover name brand products advertising costs. Check them out. You won't be dissappointed.
P.S. The older 3.0 version is still available at $59.99 if the knee pockets is not important to you.
Len

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
On my Kevlar Jeans they recommend washing at 30C and air dry (don't use the dryer).

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I recently purchased the newest version of Competition Accessories private label, Sliders 4.0 riding jeans and I love them. These have been slightly updated over the previous version 3.0 by adding pockets in the knee area for optional CE armour. At $79.99, these jeans have Kevlar protection over the entire buttocks, front and rear upper thigh, hip and side panels, as well as the knees. They are available in black as well as traditional blue denim. The sizes run a little large. 36x32 in regular Levis fit me perfectly, but the 36x32 in the Sliders are a little bit loose, which is ok for riding and perfect for Bohn Under Armour. I suspect putting them in a med. to high setting in a dryer would shrink the denim, but not the Kevlar panels, so cool dry is best. I won't ride without leg protection, but the warmer months are just too hot in Eastern Washington for my leather or textile overpants so these are perfect.
After reading several online reviews (WebBikeWorld was one) that touted these as a great buy combining saftey and value, I chose them over some of the more recognizable brand names. Like anything, it's amazing how much extra we pay to cover name brand products advertising costs. Check them out. You won't be dissappointed.
P.S. The older 3.0 version is still available at $59.99 if the knee pockets is not important to you.
Len
I recently bought a pair of the Slider 3.0 in black at the sale price. Nice pants. I usually wear a 34X30 but with motorcycle pants I get 34X32 since they tend to hike up when riding. I also bought a pair of the Slider kaki slacks with the cargo pockets which add to the versatility. I must admit I prefer both of these pants over my textile over pants with armor.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I bought two pair of the Slider 4.0. They are comfortable and will be much better in hot weather. My Textile ICON Arc overpants are still great in the rain and when it gets colder.

tawilke46

I have two pair of Draggin Jeans. Can't wear them without something between me and the jeans. The kevlar areas inside the jeans are very irritating to the skin. At least on me they are.
Bought a pair of grey Aerostitch jeans with gusset and knee armor. After washing and wearing they are very comfortable.
They are loose fitting enough to allow for Bohn armored tights underneath.

Top Bottom