Nolan N40-5 helmet

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Hi Folks,

For years I've been wearing a Yema open face helmet which I found pretty good, and pretty inexpensive. But after a long trip I found that the ventilation had a lot to be desired. I also wanted a visor to block the sun, something which the Yema didn't have.

So I looked for an open face helmet with good ventilation, and the added bonus of a visor, and found the Nolan N40-5 helmet. When I put it on for the first time, I felt like a real idiot to have been wearing a cheap helmet all these years. The Nolan's quality and fit were immediately evident. The interior padding is much better, the optical quality of the faceshield is superb, and the ventilation is excellent. I could literally feel the hairs on the top of my head dancing around. The quick connect/release chin strap is SO much better than D-rings. It is made in Italy. At $250, I think it is a great value.

nolan_D40-5.jpg

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I have a Nolan N104EVO modular that I've had for about five years and it has been great. The ventilation is also very good as the hairs on top of my head (both of them!) dance around as well. I have an N21 Retro that I use when I'm riding my old school Yammy. It too is comfy and of good quality.

;)

Mike

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
and on a side note,,,,, we can tell what you do in the background!!! a few rough sawn board drying out. can you tell by my username that i can spot these phenomenon's!! that are fun to use, but cost us MONEY!!:thumb::rofl1::rofl1:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
<sigh> most anything that is fun costs us money! Usually the funner it is the spendier it is.....

šŸ˜€

Mike

OP
OP
harryhendo
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
and on a side note,,,,, we can tell what you do in the background!!! a few rough sawn board drying out. can you tell by my username that i can spot these phenomenon's!! that are fun to use, but cost us MONEY!!:thumb::rofl1::rofl1:
Good eye Wood Addict! Yes, that's a double row of unblemished cherry, about 2 in. thick, 10-12 in. wide, in lengths from 10-16 feet. It's been drying for about 6 years now and is ready to use. Furniture, cabinets, etc.

Top Bottom