North America's Highest Road

Deleted member 540

I decided to take the NT on a high altitude test today. Rode from Colorado Springs up to Mt. Evans (14,130 ft), 246 miles round trip. I left at 7:30 a.m. and picked up Brian (05 Yamaha 1100 V-Star) in Monument and then met my son Derek (03 Suzuki SV650) in Denver. Took I-25 to C 470 to Hyw 74 to Hyw 103 then up to Mt. Evans. The weather was great. Nice and cool with overcast. There was some traffic (tourist), other bikes and bicyclist on the rode but the NT made short work of them. The Ranger Station said it was 45 degrees on the top, but it felt colder with the wind.
As the sign says at the top you can see for miles. Pikes Peak to the south and Mt. of the Holy Cross to the west. I've been on top of both. Rode up the Peak (former F-650) but hiked to the top of Holy Cross. The roads are in good shape except for some patches on 103 and bumpy stuff on Evans. The NT ran great at altitude!
I recommend this ride to anyone out this way.

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've lived in Colorado for 20 years and still haven't made it to the top of Mt. Evans. I've gotta' get that done. Thanks for showing the pictures.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Nice pictures! I rode up Mt Evans on my Majesty last summer. The last few miles the scooter wasn't happy. I'm looking forward to trying it on my NT. Maybe next summer.

Top Bottom