North Cascades Highway Loop

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Thanks for the ride along. Great pictures. I am waiting for you guys up in Wash. to have your West Coast get together so I can ride out and par-take.

skiper

Yah - nice report, awesome terrain, bet they are fun roads - cool ride ..

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chris, great ride report and I'd have to say that your new camera works pretty well!

I rode the Cascades Highway back in 2004 when I was on my way back from Hyder Alaska on my Connie. I stopped at Newhalen because the road east was closed till an ambulance got out. Then I stopped at your "Harley" viewpoint over Diablo Lake. At about the place where Kyle is straddling his bike in the next picture, I got to stop again because a Huey was lifting a huge rock from the side of the road with a sling. I didn't stop again till I was at Coulee City (where I thought I was going to see Grand Coulee Dam -- wrong!). I ended up riding to Pendleton that night after stopping at a Taco Bell in Moses Lake. I want to go back and do more of the Cascades. In 2005, we had our Concours Owners Group Rally in Centralia, so I've ridden to Mt. Ranier and Mt. St. Helens. Beautful country! Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Chris, a very nice photo journey. I think I'm made that loop three times, but it's been a while and I need to get back to it. It sounds as if you and Kyle are well matched for this. Thanks for posting this.

Terry

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
One of these days, I'm going to have to stop doing house and yard chores and get on the bike. Of course, last time we were on 20, it rained from Concrete to Winthrop and had dime sized hail on Rainey Pass.
Sadly, Rusty's isn't what it used to be. I want to try out the new place a couple miles to the east on the highway. Used to be Tom, Dick & Harry's, now its the Monitor Hot Rod cafe.

Bike
2011 Black nt700va
Nice report Chris. Very envious of your ride, looks like it was a great time and great weather. Maybe see you and Kyle at the next eastern Washington meet.

Kevin

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Chris thanks for the ride report. When I was younger (in my late teens early twenty's) I enjoyed riding solo and stopping whenever I wanted to.

When I returned to riding about 8 years ago, after about a 15 year absence, I was mainly riding with others. In every month that has five Sundays, on the fifth Sunday I organise a ride after Church for anyone from Church who wants to tag along. Some Sundays we ended up with 12 to 15 people and like you I always felt responsible for them all.

I still organise these Sunday rides (next one is in June) but now I am also enjoying getting out by myself or with one other rider as this is far more enjoyable for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom