Nova Scotia 8-2014

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I rode with vzshadow, his wife, and some of his riding buddies from the university up to explore Nova Scotia a little bit. Spent the majority of time on Cape Breton Island and Prince Edward Island - camping at Whycocomagh Provincial Park which is about 20 km from the Cabot Trail's southern end. Highly recommend this park - excellent bathrooms/showers. Site 26 & 27 have a standalone building structure with two picnic tables and a woodstove in it which ended up be very handy because it rained off and on the entire trip. Was a great dry place to just throw stuff in.

The Cabot Trail is fantastic - particularly the northern part up in the Cape Breton Highlands.

This was a trip I had very much been looking forward to and it was exciting to finally get up there. I know many of you have ridden this area already so this is nothing new to you! Would love to go back some day to explore more and camp at Meat Cove (northernmost tip of cape breton...has a campground on the cliffs).

Came to 2100 miles for the total trip.

Here's a few pics, and here is a link to all of them.

bicyclist

Pretty up there, isn't it? I have almost exactly that same harbor shot on PEI, except that the tide was in and the sky was clear. All the boats are in the same places.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Awesome pictures Rob. Hope you all had a good time.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rob, I rode the Cabot Trail last year. Everybody had told me to go to Meat Cove, but it had rained hard the day before and I didn't feel like riding the dirt road to Meat Cove by myself. I rode to Bay St Lawrence, on past the turn to Meat Cove, met a couple who had built a sailboat that was a replica of the first boat to be sailed single-handed around the globe, and it turned out that they had a campground (http://ecocamping.ca/). It was spectacular, my favorite night of the whole trip. I want to go back!

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Jumping Mouse campground was recommended to me as well. Meat Cove sure is scenic but heck, what isn't on the northern end of cape breton?

Top Bottom