Now I have a Bag-Strom...

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I spent the afternoon sifting through parts and figuring out to mount my $199 hard bags on the Wee... Suzuki includes three major sub assemblies and a bunch of little parts in various bags with the instructions in four languages... As bad as the English version is I hate to think how the other translations turned out...:rolleyes1:

Anyway...now I am officially a card carrying member of the "Two Bagger" party...;) DeLuge is just a "Wee" bit broader in the beam than the NT at 45 inches! Actually it dwarfs the NT and I have the large lids...:eek1: The capacity of the Wee bags looks like it is more than the OEM NT but a bit less than the NT with the Larger Pannier lids...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wecnwise/6154362160/ http://www.flickr.com/people/wecnwise/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wecnwise/6153839161/ http://www.flickr.com/people/wecnwise/

Next I need to dig the Corvette back out from under all the empty boxes and bubble wrap from the project...

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I have read a couple of reviews that indicate it handles differently with the bags.
I have read that as well and do not doubt it as the bags really stick out. These remind me of the BMW bags I had on my R1100R, big, bulky and fugly...

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
My Wee handles about the same with the bags on it. It just will use more gas at 70 miles per hour. I drop from 51mpg to about 45 mpg with the bags on it at speed. Had the Bags (Givi E41 keyless) on the way back from COSTOC, a very spirited ride in the twisties. No problems with handling. I can carry more on the Wee than the ST or the NT, with these Givi bags and topbox.

Can I join your bagger club?

elizilla

I had Givis on my DL1000 and it was super wide. (As is the Super10 with those same cases.) I never found it to affect the handling much, though I did once drop the bike in my driveway when I forgot how wide it was and bumped the side of my truck with my left sidecase. No damage to truck or case, but broke my right front turn signal stalk, sigh.

The DL650 I borrowed in Europe had the type of cases you do. They seemed to keep the rain out and they never gave me trouble, but they were nowhere near as solid feeling as the Givis, and I found the shape less useful.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
This bike is "Firefly" a friends Wee taken today. They make great baggers...

Even got a new chain this summer...

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
They make great baggers...
I do see a lot of them "bagged" around here, most of them heading up in to the North Georgia mountains. I still haven't seen another NT "in the wild" though...

That is a nice looking Wee. I am still trying to decide on the hand guards, this time of year I like the wind blowing on my hands, so I need to find out how easy they are to remove when I don't want them. The Magstad adjustable windshield bracket he has is a "must have" to be able to find a comfortable windshield position, I think Suzuki's test rider must be 4"6" tall based on the stock position... Tell your friend to check out the Paul Walsh Radar / Accessory Shelf to mount some of his electronics. I bought one with my Magstad in a package deal and it is well worth it. Not only does it give you a shelf it really busts the glare off the instrument panel. I no longer see reflected H-Viz Yellow when I glance down...

Last edited:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I will pass that on. his second bike is a Goldwing.

elizilla

I made a tool tube for my Super10, and used it on my last trip. It leaked; the tools inside got rusty and the rag they were wrapped in got moldy. I made it out of PVC pipe and fittings from Lowes. I don't know where it leaked. I could fill it with water and see. But instead I have ordered this pre-made tool tube to replace it. Even with shipping it cost less than making my own. It is a little smaller though, so I ordered two; I'm going to see if I can shoehorn them both in there. The exhaust on the Super10 isn't a tube shape, it's a big flat thing bigger than two pipes, so having a pair of tool tubes might match it, visually, a bit better than one. I'll paint it using the same paint I have left over from painting the one I made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom