NT650V wheels

spacetiger

The wheels came in from the UK over the past few days. They cleaned up quite well.

I completed a quick fit check into the PC's swing arm. It look like that will work out, so I am going to reuse the PC swing arm to complete this part of the project. I will work this weekend to get everything aligned, then get back to work fabing the engine mounts.

On a side note, the NT650V swing arm was too short (about 2") compared to the PC's. This surprised me as I thought there would be more commonality between the bikes. So I was left wondering was the NT swing arm a unique one? I spent a little time searching, and now believe it may be common to the 500cc Honda Ascot made in 83 and 84. Both the NT650 and the Ascot have about the same wheel base (Ascot = 58.3" and the NT650 is 58"). The PC has a 61.2" wheelbase (VT = 65" and the NT700V is 58.1"). I think when I am done with the PC project is done, I will look for an 83 or 84 Ascot as my naked ride.... just so I don't waist the swing arm

Jerry

Attachments

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Just got my new NT700 ABS home today. It is parked next to my 1983 VT500C Shadow. I believe the 83-84 Shadow and Ascot shared the same frame and drive train components.

Frosty

OP
OP

spacetiger

Frosty,

You are right, forgot about the other family branch.

I may try to map this out to see where all the variants went. There are a few wild ones along the way, the Hawk GT comes to mind.

bicyclist

I'm interested in the topic of variants. Particularly in what other models could be parts donors to the NT.

Top Bottom