NT700V Ignition Key Blank

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
I needed an extra key that I could hide on the motorcycle. I was reminded of the need for this the other day, when a friend of mine lost their key, while we were out at dinner. No big deal as they had one at home, so just an extra trip. I tracked down the correct blank at a lock smith, pn iLCO HD109. I also found this blank on the internet, Amazon and other sites.

Attachments

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Whenever I ride, there are spare bike keys safety-pinned inside my riding jacket. ;)

Last edited:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Should be able to get keys, though just plain metal, at any local locksmith. In 2011 when I got my NT I went to a local locksmith and had a couple extras made. And just a little over a year ago, I sent my son over to the same locksmith, when he got his newest bike, and they made him some spare keys also. Like DirtFlier, we always carry an extra set of keys zipped in a pocket.

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I ordered a pair of Key Blanks off Ebay recently.........they were NT700V specific (meaning, they could be cut to match my NT700 Master Key). I paid $15 shipped for the two blanks. I thought I would need to take them to a Locksmith to be "cut", but actually got a feller at Walmart to cut them for me.......for FREE (he was a biker, and we chatted for 20 minutes). The first key he cut works perfectly, but unfortunately, the second cut key does not. I took it back (to the same guy), and he looked at it closely, got out his tiny handfile and whittled away on it. I tried it again when I got home........still "no workie". I can't complain too much.........$15 for a spare key. A locksmith probably would have charged much more ?? I'm still gonna get out my magnifying glass and see if there is an extra "tit" on the non-working key, and get MY little file out. ;)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Ace Hardware can cut NT keys, too. I haven't had them do it for me yet. I got a set of spare keys when I bought Horse.

Top Bottom