One Lap of Pend Oreille 2014

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Once again it was time today for my friends and I to take our annual " One Lap around Lake Pend Oreille." One friend sadly had to cancel so Max and I took a 375 mile ride from Spokane to Sandpoint, then down the east side of Lake Pend Oreille and then down the Clark Fork river valley next to the Cabinet Mountains....and back home through Coure D'Alene. Had a great time, taking it easy and stuffing our faces with milk shakes and other forbidden food. Lots of snow in the high country still but just alittle at pass levels....

Lake Pend Orielle

The Cabinets had about this much snow on them.

Clark Fork Mountain goat country....

Stopping for milk shakes in Thompson falls....Note snow even on low mountains in the Cabinets...

Lake Pend Oreille has a very nice Naval research station on it....
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/cno/n87/usw/issue_11/submarine_stealth.html

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've done most of that ride and it do make for a good day, don't it?

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yes, and John is sorry to have missed it....I needed to lay down on a picnick table at a rest area for 10 minutes to get my energy level back...too much stimulation! Beauty everywhere...that and too many calories at lunch LOL! Pretty soon it is off to the Redlodge MT area for a week and then back across MT five days later for The Quigley shoot then back across MT to the ralley then back across MT for Oshkosh...but I never tire of driving or riding through Montana....

I've done most of that ride and it do make for a good day, don't it?

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
And I have been to Maine on a bike! So many beautiful places in this country to ride too....so many roads....and the best memories I have that I can write about here are of my 47 years of motorcycle touring....and I hope to keep making them for awhile.
Lets all get out there and ride while we can! The rally is coming....
Brings back memories. I used to live in Bonners Ferry

Top Bottom