Oxford heated grips

Having recently fitted the OXFORD HEATED GRIPS and must say am most happy with their performance. However during installation, and whilst refitting the THROTTLE side BAR END I found that if I tightened it properly the THROTTLE would not spring back to close. By loosening the securing bolt a couple of turns this over came the problem.
YES, you have guessed right! I now have no throttle side bar end!. Halving done a 350 klms ride yesterday its absence was not even noticed.
I am now about to accept delivery of a THROTTLEMEISTRE and should I experience the same problem in tightening the THROTTLE bar end, I would be pleased for any Forum member to offer suggestions to remedy the problem.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Charlie,

When I mounted my Throttlemeister on my bike with Honda's heated handgrips, I needed a different "sleeve" than the one that came with the TM for the non-heated grips. I called TM when I had trouble getting the TM to hold the throttle and learned that they hadn't known that the fit was going to be different. They had an almost immeciate correction and I got the new part I needed in only a couple of days.

It might be worth emailing them and letting know that you have the Oxford grips if you didn't when you ordered the Throttlemeister.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I too am very happy with the Oxford grips. I did tighten mine up (and applied Loctite). The throttle is not as 'free' as stock, but, that is not something I find bad. Much of my time is spent on open highway and I have the throttle lock engaged anyway :)

The grips have helped me keep my hands warmer in the under 40 deg days. On the under 30 deg days it is GREAT! To think I used to endure frozen fingers on my morning commute makes me cringe :)

Top Bottom