Paris Traffic

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Thanks to JQL’s previous posts, I had a bit of an idea of what Paris traffic is like.

I am currently on a 40 day trip around the world and arrived in Paris this morning from South Africa (only for a quick stop as heading to Dijon tomorrow).

The traffic is every bit as bad as previously reported by JQL (even in the middle of the day) and I am very glad I am sitting in a coach as a “spectator”.

Seagrass

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
The traffic is every bit as bad as previously reported by JQL (even in the middle of the day) and I am very glad I am sitting in a coach as a “spectator”.
Dunno, I actually enjoyed running along with the locals on their scoots and small naked bikes...
At least the cagers there do give you space for lane splitting... simply impossible here in Vienna where they rather block you...

OP
OP
seagrass
Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
I probably should have said that the traffic was very heavy and stop/start for many kilometres.

The actual driving works very well and motorcycle filtering seems to be second nature for both motorcyclists and car/bus/truck drivers.

Paris has been a great place to visit and to see many of the tourist attractions. Enjoyed an hour trip on the Seine river too.

Off to Dijon at 8am tomorrow.

Seagrass

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Glad you enjoyed your quick stop-over and got to see what I deal with on nearly a daily basis.

Out of action for a week or two with a sprained ankle. I fell off a pavement and, no, I hadn't partaken:wine2: beforehand :D

Ankle.JPG

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Just got back from our family Rhine River Cruise from Amsterdam to Basel Switzerland. Talk about traffic. Basel was a nightmare. As said before, Glad we were in Motor Coaches for our shore excursions and on the River. Would hate to be driving / riding in that mess. Some of the trip is on my facebook page.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yes. it was. Great Company.
My wife has been on several Viking cruises and she raves about them. She says they treat their guests like royalty. I do know one thing though that once you become a customer, they inundate your mailbox with cruise brochures..... reminds me of the days of the JC Whitney catalogs or as we used to call 'em, JC Weekly.

Mike

Top Bottom