Passenger Backrest

jiman

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know of an supplier for aftermarket passenger back rest. I don't have the rear trunk and would like to find a backrest. I appreciate any assistance.
J

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Can't help yoU other than to say consider a top case, even a small. My wife likes it better than the cobra sissy bar I had on my cruiser plus you'll definitely use it.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The only stand alone backrest I have seen is an option on a Corbin seat.

OP
OP

jiman

Can you please let me know where I might find the Hepco rack you mentioned.

Igo

Tromper, have you seen the Hepco-Becker luggage rack? It seems to be more of a mount than a luggage rack but it is so close to what I'm looking for. I've been packing a smallish water proof duffle the same way for years and securing it to the passenger seat in such a way as to use it as an operator's backrest and it works wonderfully but I have to have some thing firm behind the duffel for it to work. I also want to carry my luggage close to me and low on the bike (right behind me) just to keep the bike really trim. I also don't want to step through the bike and I don't want the extra storage when I'm riding local as the saddlebags will do all the local duty I require.....hence no top box for me. I really need a luggage rack with a raised loop to lash to. With nothing but the one photo in the pdf file, this would appear as good as it gets.
I sure wish I still had my weld shop.
BTW, do you know anything about the reputation of the Carson City bike shop that carries these? I'm going to call them today I think.
Thanks for posting about this rack. I'm really struggling for the proper solution.

elizilla

Adventure Motostuff? They were very helpful, went way above and beyond for me. Their store is great fun to visit, too - I could have spent my whole trip budget in there. :)

Igo

Fantastic. I guess its time to open the wallet then. I've got to be fully road ready in time for the spring bloom in Death Valley.

Igo

And we have a new luggage rack on the way from Carson City.

Igo

Once I get the Corbin installed I'm going to see if I can drill the rack base out to bring it forward an inch or two. I want a 16 inch roll to sock right into the seat and vertical rack loop. I'll have a very secure cargo bag/backrest and a smaller bag behind the loop that I can get into regularly mid day. I'm bound and determined to keep the hole I punch in the wind the same size as factory and the weight of me and everything I've done on the bike (including camping and camera gear) at well under 250 pounds. This little bike is going to see some territory.
Spring is just minutes away ya'll.

There is an aftermarket supplier by the name of Pirates Lair http://www.piratesk12site.net/ that makes very high quality stuff. I had one of their "Stealth Backrests" on my BMW K1200GT. It was subtle, effective and very nicely crafted. Although they started out making accessories for BMW, they have expanded to other Euro bikes as well as popular Japanese sport/tour machines (such as the Honda ST) http://pirateslair.net/ST13Stealth.htm . I inquired about such a backrest for the NT and they said that it would take some requests to make it feasible to tool up for it. Maybe if more of us inquired about it, they may decide to produce one. I would buy it in a minute!

Top Bottom