Perfect Day Ride

tawilke46

Today was an absolute perfect day to ride. Mid 40's this morning rising to the upper 60's by mid afternoon. Very little wind. As usual, took back country roads at my usual relaxed pace. The air was so fresh and clean for a change, except for the occasional whiff of cow manure when passing a farm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 35
I'm riding today, but just around town. Tomorrow I'll ride to Ft Collins to babysit my 3-mo-old great-grandson. Cloudy and cool in Greeley.

I'm planning to ride this weekend with predicted temps of 57-64-59 for Fri-Sat-Sun. Usually riding on Thanksgiving is the end of my season but the weather has been very strange this year, to say the least!

Nice pictures. Nothing like "fresh country air" and a good lunch to make for a great day. Thanks for taking the time to snap the photos and sharing them.

Thanks for the photos, looks like a nice ride.

I have not been on my bike for several weeks and before that it was another several weeks.

You have inspired me to try and get out on the bike this coming weekend and clear my head for a while. I will try to remember to take some photos and post them up for all of you to see.

Seagrass

Speaking of pictures, I too am guilty of doing a day long ride and not taking a single picture. Many times looking at a passing scene and thinking "should have taken a photo of that", but don't want to stop and turnaround. What I am trying to do now is find a way to mount a Olympus TG3 camera where the photos won't come out blurry because of rough road or bike vibes. If the road is smooth and the bike at the right vibe free rpm, the pictures come out pretty good.

I finally got out on my ride on December 13th (the day after my birthday) AND I am now finally giving a brief ride report (before we start a new year)

The ride was just over 200Km (120miles) and it was a nice day for a ride. I decided to go on a familiar route and one which I did not think would have too much traffic. It was a Sunday so after I got home from Church I headed off at around noon and I was home around 4pm.

My route took me through Galston Gorge, along the Old Pacific Highway (the main road before the motorway was put in many years ago) where I stopped in at "The Old Road Cafe" for a quick break and a drink.

After that I headed off to Central Mangrove via Peats Ridge Road, a very nice bit of road, before turning to head for Wisemans Ferry. This section of road basically follows the Hawkesbury River and is generally an enjoyable trip but the road surface is now badly degraded making the trip less enjoyable.

Once I arrived at Wisemans Ferry I took the short vehicular ferry trip across the river (no cost for this ferry) and then headed back towards home via Cattai and Windsor.

The attached photos show one of the old wooden bridges in Galston Gorge, some of the winding road and hairpin turns in the gorge and a picture of my NT Parked at "The Old Road Cafe". There is also a picture of the view at one spot along the Hawkesbury River and two others showing the ferry arriving and my view from the front row of the ferry as I cross the river.

You can see the route I took at the following google maps link.

https://goo.gl/maps/FdRySB1e5tA2

IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0127.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg
IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg

Seagrass

Thanks for the come along on your ride. Enjoyed your photos too......nice to see parts of Australia. Never been there but sure would like to visit the country. Flew over and around it during my days in the Air Force!

Seagrass, thanks for sharing your ride and the pictures with us! It’s neat to see how different things are there – and how much they’re the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom