Personal Best

Bike
Silver NT700V
Set a new personal mileage best today. :strawberry1: Rode 540 miles in about 11 1/2 hours. :Silver1:

Route took me from Houston to San Antonio to Fredericksburg to Austin. From Austin I went east to Milano on US70 and down through Somerville to Brenham then back to Houston. First time in the hill country. Some rugged terrain and beautiful sites up there.

If this is half an iron butt ride does that make it a tin butt, or an iron cheek.

The NT ran flawlessly. The rider learned a lot.

1. Bar risers will be on order before the weekend is out.
2. have all items needed on the bike the night before. I lost 45 minutes backtracking to pick up sunglasses. :doh1:
3. I have to figure out how to get some time out of fuel stops. One may be to avoid Buckees. Nice places but can be slow.

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck:Silver1:

Igo

Good for you. My bast on the NT is still under 400 I think. So far that is.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chuck,

Sounds like you had a great day, too! And (dadgumit!) you passed me on the 2011 mileage list. Keep it up!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Nice write-up Chuck and congrats. Circumnavigating Lake Sommerville is on my to-do list.

OP
OP
Chuck 500
Bike
Silver NT700V
Lake Sommerville is a great area. I like the view from the dam. makes for good pics. Are you coming to Lockhart for barbeque on the 30th?

Trying to find a way to make the Cheap STOC/NTOC trip work. Friday may 6 will be a very busy work day (monthly accounting cycles). About how long (time) is the trip from Houston? I would have to leave here at noon to 1 pm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom